Paul Lambert

limpid

It doesn't matter.

Some people for some amazing reason, will NEVER say anything against him.

Others like me want him out. Very little middle ground.

I dunno about that Rob, I there there is quite a lot of common thinking, it's just that people are wound up about the whole thing and a forum like this is a way for us to vent. There is a lot of selective reading going on for the sake of continuing arguments.

From what I can see pretty much everyone agrees it's an absolute shit tip down there at the minute and the vast majority agree that is in no small part down to the manager.

I think the only real differences are, those 'defending' him feel there are aspects of the job he's done well or think he's not far away from doing a decent job given the circumstances and some think he's an absolute word removed who should be forcibly removed.

Supporting or defending the manger doesn't necessarily mean that given the choice, you wouldn't replace him.

This is worse than McLeish.

We'll get steadily worse under each successive manager unless there's investment. The one thing we've got going for us is Lambert's eye for a good transfer deal.

total myth. How many players has he signed and how many have improved the club.

Glad you asked that:

Guzan

Vlaar

Senderos

Okore

Cissokho

Sanchez

Gil

Benteke

Plus a lot of squad players who cost very little money and can do a job, e.g. Westwood, Bacuna, Lowton, Kozak

It may be that Lambert could use the advice of a good, experienced assistant manager when it comes to formations and tactics, but his improvement to the squad on the budget he's had is actually heroic.

I'd also say that Clarke, Baker, Weimann and Delph have all improved as players during his tenure.

Given his signings have been decent and he's improved some of the players, it makes the performances even more baffling/frustrating.

I really can't see Lambert getting sacked purely because we are still 14th despite being in our worst run for many years. Lerner only cares about league position. He doesn't give a shit about possession, goals or number of wins. I bet Lerner thinks we will stay up because surely if Lambert was that bad we would be bottom.

Lamberts big money buys have been good (I mean big in our terms) it's the fact he's wasted a bit buying bulk and then not getting any money in for any assets of value. He should have played Bent until he could sell him. Instead of buying 2 LB's how about 1 good one? He tried to fill a squad with small buys yet never played them which was a waste but credit where it's due when he has spent £3m+ they've been good buys. It's a shame we are about to lose £15/20m worth of talent on Bosmans and the way Benteke is playing he'll go for £15-20m instead of £35m so we are likely to lose £30m on transfer fees next summer which is probably what Lambert has to had to spend in 3 years!! That is an awful way to run a business!!

No it really isn't!

Its much worse. Same points and less goals. What's better than it?

Lambert actually has less points TBH.

After 22 games with Mcleish we had 27 points and a -3 goal difference.

Sadly, with Lambert we have 22 points with a - 14 goal difference.

Just needs a few more games to turn it around!

Today, when we got on top in the second half the whole ground, team and bench were with Lambert. I cannot recall that ever happening with McLeish.

We also went for it second half, with pace and passing. That never happened with McLeish.

It's all down to what your looking for. If Lambert sends out the first half team next week, he needs shooting, if he sends out e second half team, I will support him. Simples!

No it really isn't!

Today, when we got on top in the second half the whole ground, team and bench were with Lambert. I cannot recall that ever happening with McLeish.

We also went for it second half, with pace and passing. That never happened with McLeish.

It's all down to what your looking for. If Lambert sends out the first half team next week, he needs shooting, if he sends out e second half team, I will support him. Simples!

But he sent out that first half team last week didn't he? And how about the previous 2 and a half years worth? Why is next week the breaking point?

• Like 3

It's always next week or next season with Lambert

Same old excuses same old tactical errors same old system

We are going nowhere while he is our manager and don't tell me there is nobody better because other clubs have changed managers with squads worse than ours and have made an instant impact

• Like 4

No it really isn't!

That is very simple.

Guzan

Hutton........Okore........Clark........Cissokho

Sanchez

Delph........Gil

Bacuna...................................Grealish

Robinson

I'd love to see something a bit "mental" like that, shake them up a little, add a bit of width and guile. But such a selection would require balls.

• Like 1

Oct 15th: Exclusive: Manchester United have agreed a fee with Aston Villa to sign Ron Vlaar in January. Deal subject to medical & personal terms.

He'll be staying at Villa then!

Oct 15th: Exclusive: Manchester United have agreed a fee with Aston Villa to sign Ron Vlaar in January. Deal subject to medical & personal terms.

He'll be staying at Villa then!

would like this but reached my quota form the day 

I thought we played well today all be it against one of the poorest Liverpool sides I can remember in recent years. However you would have to be the most short sighted fan ever to be looking at games in isolation now. To balance that up a little though and to be fair to Lambert I also don't think there is any need to be looking at his first two seasons here as I can see there can be an argument made that many of the players were young and we lacked a bit of experience and nous.

That leaves us just looking at this season then and no one can seriously argue with what is staring us in the face. That is now just 12 points taken from the last 54 on offer and we have now gone on two long runs of not winning this season, one run of nine games and the current one which stands at seven and is likely to continue. We have scored 12 goals in 22 league and two cup games against lower league opposition. All this with for me a good squad of players.

I will always praise Lambert for the squad he has built given the finances he has had. I think he has again found another good player at right money in Gil. He just doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of the players as a team though. I don't think any one player currently epitomizes his lack of ideas, or  shows an example of him continually making wrong decisions, more so than Cleverley. The lad is being shoe horned into the side and today played wide right in a front 3. This is a player with no pace, no tricks, who can't take a man on and who offers little to no goal threat. What in Lamberts mind makes him continually pick him and worse still pick him and play him in a position totally unsuited to him.

Lambert is totally incapable now of getting it right here. However this squad is capable of so much better. Sadly though it won't be under this manager and a change is now needed before we become that team that was too good to go down but did.

Good post. My concern with praising his transfers though is this... Continue in the same way we have been playing under Lambert and there is a realistic possibility that the decent players in the squad will be leaving come the summer. It's great that he has brought in good players but if we go down, what was the point? Lamberts only positive in his time here will get stripped away by the vultures come the end of the season. The likes of benteke, sanchez, hutton, gil, okore, cissokho and a couple of others will go along with vlaar and delph, leaving us with the little more than half a squad of players that will have no chance of getting us back up.

The starting 11 today was nothing short of disgraceful, 4 dm's in midfield at home was absolutely stupid when your looking for a goal or even a win. I can't back him after that I'm afraid because he bottled it again with his selection!

The starting 11 today was nothing short of disgraceful, 4 dm's in midfield at home was absolutely stupid when your looking for a goal or even a win. I can't back him after that I'm afraid because he bottled it again with his selection!

^This.

Although, today's team selection was so horribly predictable.

When is the penny going to drop that we need to try something different!

Â