Paul Lambert

limpid

This is worse than McLeish.

No it really isn't!

Its much worse. Same points and less goals. What's better than it?

Lambert actually has less points TBH.

After 22 games with Mcleish we had 27 points and a -3 goal difference.

Sadly, with Lambert we have 22 points with a - 14 goal difference.

Just needs a few more games to turn it around!

It doesn't matter.

Some people for some amazing reason, will NEVER say anything against him.

Others like me want him out. Very little middle ground.

• Like 1

I don't remember feeling anywhere near as shit as I do now under McLeish. We had to play the likes of Herd, Bannan, Lichaj, Albrighton, Stevens, Ireland. Of course, the second half of McLeish's season was horrendous but we did at least score some goals. We're on course for it to be much, much worse. 

• Like 1

We'll get steadily worse under each successive manager unless there's investment. The one thing we've got going for us is Lambert's eye for a good transfer deal.

total myth. How many players has he signed and how many have improved the club.

Glad you asked that:

Guzan

Vlaar

Senderos

Okore

Cissokho

Sanchez

Gil

Benteke

Plus a lot of squad players who cost very little money and can do a job, e.g. Westwood, Bacuna, Lowton, Kozak

It may be that Lambert could use the advice of a good, experienced assistant manager when it comes to formations and tactics, but his improvement to the squad on the budget he's had is actually heroic.

Getting 38 points in your second season is worse than getting it in your first season so since that point, it's been easy for me to definitively state that he is worse than McLeish. This season is something else though!

Edited by Isa

It really is.

The worry for me is when McLeish was here most were justifably saying sack him as "there's no one possibly out there who could do a worse job."

Well we found one and who knows what we'd come up with post Lambert.

I want Lambert out but I have no confidence in this board coming up with a progressive, forward thinking replacement.

We'll get steadily worse under each successive manager unless there's investment. The one thing we've got going for us is Lambert's eye for a good transfer deal.

total myth. How many players has he signed and how many have improved the club.

:-)

Glad you asked that:

Guzan

Vlaar

Senderos

Okore

Cissokho

Sanchez

Gil

Benteke

Plus a lot of squad players who cost very little money and can do a job, e.g. Westwood, Bacuna, Lowton, Kozak

It may be that Lambert could use the advice of a good, experienced assistant manager when it comes to formations and tactics, but his improvement to the squad on the budget he's had is actually heroic.

:-) amazing weak justification for a poor argument . Senderos? Guzan ... Ah the old he wasnt a villa player argument i suppose. Great to see where these players have taken us i suppose a list as long as the m6 of broken records for poor performance, insipid football, record defeats, losses year after year to lower league teams, .. Do we need to go on? Basically you are trying to prove lamberts ability based on benteke
  • Like 1

The budget he has had for transfers, since his arrival, is more than 11 teams in the current premier league. Hardly heroic!

Added to that, on the whole, he has then failed to utilise the players he has purchased and those that were already there. He has no clue how to assemble them into a successful side.

Lambert has to go!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

Can it get worse than this? I mean right now, is there a manager alive who could get them playing any worse?

I'm not suggesting we go out and hire a bad manager on purpose, before anyone starts up with it! Just saying. Surely it's worth a punt at this stage. 

Anybody who has played Football Manager would be an upgrade over Lambert

Just need someone to wake up and realise that playing 4 CM's at home including Tom Cleverley when you have attacking players such as Gil Bacuna e.t.c on the bench is stupid

I'd only ask for £100k/year and any decision made would go down to a vote on VillaTalk.

How about it?! :D

Edited by bobzy

It really is.

The worry for me is when McLeish was here most were justifably saying sack him as "there's no one possibly out there who could do a worse job."

Well we found one and who knows what we'd come up with post Lambert.

I want Lambert out but I have no confidence in this board coming up with a progressive, forward thinking replacement.

Serious question.

What is worse than not winning games and not being able to score goals. Surely there isn't anything worse?

• Like 2

Â