Paul Lambert

limpid

I think it boils down to whether or not you think Lambert can keep us up. A new manager might give us a short-term boost and propel us up the table somewhat but once the season's done we're left with a new guy who'll want his own squad and everything so we'd be starting from scratch yet again, which isn't a good place to be starting with Lerner still at the club.

I don't agree. We've put in place a director of aquisitions, which would stop us from going from a houllier team to a mcleish.

What do we get in the summer if Lambert stays? Why will next season be any better? We're currently going backwards, sticking with the same approach would be a dangerous decision and one made by an owner who is happy to risk it.

Did anyone actually find out what the hell a director of acquisitions does? 

To be fair, as much as I want change, Sherwood is an example of someone who could actually do a worse job than Lambert. The guy's just a random ex-footballer who happened to get a manager job once by chance. Terrible. And he wears a gilet. 

• Like 2

I think it boils down to whether or not you think Lambert can keep us up. A new manager might give us a short-term boost and propel us up the table somewhat but once the season's done we're left with a new guy who'll want his own squad and everything so we'd be starting from scratch yet again, which isn't a good place to be starting with Lerner still at the club.

I don't agree. We've put in place a director of aquisitions, which would stop us from going from a houllier team to a mcleish.

What do we get in the summer if Lambert stays? Why will next season be any better? We're currently going backwards, sticking with the same approach would be a dangerous decision and one made by an owner who is happy to risk it.

Aquires things?

Sherwood. Holy fuckballs

Please stay forever Paul

Sherwood really would be a car crash.

What so we are not already in a car crash now?

Ah, I see. Replace one car crash with another is it?

Lambert is a car crash. Sherwood might be. Would still rather take the risk looking at all of the horrendous stats.

Sherwood. Holy fuckballs

Please stay forever Paul

And pay £4m for the pleasure of it

• Like 1

Sherwood. Holy fuckballs

Please stay forever Paul

yeah but the way you worded it made out that we weren't already **** i personally think there is no hope for this club. it's poisoned from top to bottom and relegation looms closer and closer.

Aquires things?

And directs them to where?

• Like 1

Aquires things?

You've got me. I've no idea :(

yeah but the way you worded it made out that we weren't already **** i personally think there is no hope for this club. it's poisoned from top to bottom and relegation looms closer and closer.

No, the way I worded it was and is only a response about Tim Sherwood. I'm all for trying something new, I just hope it isn't him (But if we change it probably will be).

He's turned us into a laughing stock.

If you asked 100 fans now to name the most boring team in English football I'd say over 90 would say Villa.

We are the Stoke of old. Anti anti football and I'm **** sick of it.

2 more defeats to follow with no goals.

What's the most games without a goal record? Coz it will be 7 for us in a couple of weeks

Aquires things?

You've got me. I've no idea :(

I'm assuming its a Director of Football role but on a leish. You know so we don't go all Damien Comolli.

He's turned us into a laughing stock.

If you asked 100 fans now to name the most boring team in English football I'd say over 90 would say Villa.

We are the Stoke of old. Anti anti football and I'm **** sick of it.

2 more defeats to follow with no goals.

What's the most games without a goal record? Coz it will be 7 for us in a couple of weeks

We aren't the Stoke of old cos they at least scored, even if it was from throw-ins.

At a certain point, I think you just have to look at the situation and say 'we need to change the narrative'. The narrative is of failure - failure to win, failure to play well, failure to even score a goal. I predicted all of those in the pre-match thread, though I'd hardly claim it makes me Nostradamus. A different manager would ipso facto be a change of narrative. Today, the players tried at least, but in its own way, that's even more damning. You could see, we were desperately trying to score even in the last minute when the game was definitely lost. He got them fired up, he put the flea in their ear, and it was all useless. Every game that goes by we become less attractive to potential new owners or managers. There's no excuse for delay, but of course, nothing will happen. 

• Like 1

As one of Lambert's last supporters, I hereby issue notice that I will be demanding huge respect if he ever turns things around.

Of course it's possible that he won't and that I'm just a bloody fool.

We might disagree and have a few digs at each other, but i hope you are able to demand that respect, even if I don't think it will happen. He is toast.

I always want to say that even though we do disagree, it would be boring without you on here.  Chin up :)

We dominated the game?

Jesus Christ. The man has to go now.

You can't blame the players, the way Lambert is setting the team up isn't working, and it's so obvious what needs to change. If a new manager came in and played 4-5-1 with width and went back to the core basics of football we would start scoring again. Football isn't rocket science.

Â