Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I think to blame him for the goal is a bit harsh, not sure what Clark was doing tbh.

He's not to blame - it was a mix of three things.  Westwood played a silly ball, Sanchez was far, far too weak and Clark did the opposite of anything good at the vital moment.

• Like 1

I've not been a fan but thought he played very well yesterday-Possibly his best game for us. Far less mistakes than in the past and I don't blame him for the goal, I think he was knocked off balance.

We certainly appear to have a squad here now and these past 3 games have highlighted this.

I've not been a fan but thought he played very well yesterday-Possibly his best game for us. Far less mistakes than in the past and I don't blame him for the goal, I think he was knocked off balance.

We certainly appear to have a squad here now and these past 3 games have highlighted this.

He's been great this season but his best performance remains West Ham away last season.

I think to blame him for the goal is a bit harsh, not sure what Clark was doing tbh.

He's not to blame - it was a mix of three things. Westwood played a silly ball, Sanchez was far, far too weak and Clark did the opposite of anything good at the vital moment.

And even then it would probably have been saved if it wasn't for a reflection over Guzan.

Big chain of events. To blame Sanchez (or Westwood for that matter) is harsh

I wish this blame game would end. It's sooo negative.

It's one of the least constructive things, ever. But hey, ho, we're humans! It's important to place the blame at someone. Don't fix the issue, or look for solution or learn from the mistake.

Played well against Cattermole (but,then again, so can I). Struggled a little more against the tall blonde bloke in the 2nd half.

However, he underpinned the midfield well. Gave Westwood and Gana the freedom of the pitch knowing Sanchez was always sitting deep to cover and his distribution is good.

If he keeps this up he'll be undroppable, which in a funny way is kind of annoying, because he's probably taking the place of a much more 'entertaining' attacking player.  If our central midfield could survive with just Westwood and Gana then we could afford to use Veretout, Gil or Adama more easily.  But I'm certainly not complaining.  I've always liked Sanchez.  He showed a lot of technique in his debut and I still think he has the footballing ability to probably play more forward.  He does sometimes play the game at a different (lower) speed than the rest of them which makes you yelp as a fan, but he could end up being the defensive rock that keeps it all together.

If he keeps this up he'll be undroppable, which in a funny way is kind of annoying, because he's probably taking the place of a much more 'entertaining' attacking player.  If our central midfield could survive with just Westwood and Gana then we could afford to use Veretout, Gil or Adama more easily.  But I'm certainly not complaining.  I've always liked Sanchez.  He showed a lot of technique in his debut and I still think he has the footballing ability to probably play more forward.  He does sometimes play the game at a different (lower) speed than the rest of them which makes you yelp as a fan, but he could end up being the defensive rock that keeps it all together.

I think with Sanchez and Gana, we could afford to play Gil in the midfield. He certainly came on and did the same job Westwood was doing but better. 

Â