Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

The guy has zero football intelligence. Never sees a pass and doesn't appear to be really aware of where the players are relative to him. No surprise that during the period of possession with our fans taking the piss it was this clown who played an aimless fwd pass. Not helped today by both Sinclair and Gabby being pathetic. 

He was good on Saturday.

But his problem last season was a performance like that would be followed by a few games where he looked terrible.

Hopefully he can find some consistency this season. if he does he'll be a fine player for us.

Sounds like he's suffering from this problem again

As I only saw the second half I can only comment on that.  His legs completely went in the last 20-25 minutes.  He was losing possession in critical areas and causing a lot of work for everyone else.  Not his fault and should have been replaced.  Probably would have done the side much better to bring Veretout on for Carlos than for example bringing Ayew on for Gil as it was a much more dangerous area of the pitch with Mahrez coming inside and starting to boss things.

• Like 1

He just got isolated and Tim managed to put him in the perfect position to showcase his weaknesses. He sits deep so he is often available for the ball but when in a midfield 2 he doesn't always have a simple pass he can play when he receives it. In a 3 he generally does. You could see when Grealish laid it back to him he looked up and saw no one and panicked. He can't turn his way out of trouble. He should have lumped it into the box.

I can't blame him for the earlier loss of possession where Bacuna played a square 35 yard lofted pas to his chest while he was already marked. That was one of the stupidest passes I've seen played.

• Like 1

Has been impressive on occasions but the way he invited pressure at the end and didn't protect the ball in possession I don't even see in over 40s pub football games

It looked like his legs were completely gone.  Ordinarily you'd substitute a player in that position.  But we'd already gone 4-2-4 at that stage :P

Went from brilliant to shite in the space of 10 minutes

Don't get it

I really didn't see anything special from him in the first half. We dominated the game in the first half and he didn't have a lot to do except pass the ball to Gil, Westwood and Grealish. His passing is generally slow and horrendous and he seems to run out of gas after about 60 minutes of every game. Also when he's bad he's appalling and routinely costs us goals.

His fitness is shocking, he should of been the anchor man stopping Leicester attacks in the second half but he could barely run and his touch went to shit. Sherwood should of helped him out by putting another midfielder in there with him or at least taking him off and bringing on fresh legs.

I actually thought he did alright today(!).  No really stupid passes or gifts of possession and did particularly well tracking after Fletcher in the first half.

However, he can genuinely only play for about 45 minutes and then his legs are shot.  That's a worry.

Â