Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Not sure where he fits in if we sign Cambiaso.

Westwood has won over Sherwood, Gueye will be box to box but is again more suited to defensive side of midfield so Carlos may be odd man out here.

We don't sign another DM then he can stay here.

Westwood has won over Sherwood, Gueye will be box to box but is again more suited to defensive side of midfield so Carlos may be odd man out here.

Westwood, obviously. Does the same job but to a much, much higher standard. Cambiasso doesn't have the legs he used to, obviously, but Westwood isn't particularly athletic either - probably a little faster than Cambiasso, but the latter's ability to read the game, win the ball, pass etc. is far better.

Westwood, obviously. Does the same job but to a much, much higher standard. Cambiasso doesn't have the legs he used to, obviously, but Westwood isn't particularly athletic either - probably a little faster than Cambiasso, but the latter's ability to read the game, win the ball, pass etc. is far better.

plus we need more than just 11 players. They'll all get game time what with suspensions, cup games, out of form and just usual wear, tear and injuries. We have to get out of the mind set of only needing 11 players

plus we need more than just 11 players. They'll all get game time what with suspensions, cup games, out of form and just usual wear, tear and injuries. We have to get out of the mind set of only needing 11 players

I know I know but if we all have the same type of central midfield, defensive mindset then someone will be squeezed out and anyway we need some goals from midfield next season so I still hope for an attack minded player like Praet to come in.

Me too. He's a good player and most games he was good but just has lapses. Once he gets used to the pace and premier league fit he will be a gun. It's a concern he missed most our preseason though. Would have liked him to train under Sherwood

• Like 1

Most games he was good? Sorry i can't agree with that.

Needs to up his game a lot this year. I hope he can, as he has proved internationally he does have the ability 

• 3 weeks later...

He's become a favourite in my household for all the wrong reasons lol! But I still think he will come good, did well when he came on last night, but my big worry is that he is are only other choice in that 3 man mid. I have put this concern on the transfer thread saying that another CM is needed unless we give a youth product a go.

He annoyed me yesterday as he slowed the tempo too much. Not that Vertout was quicker, I just thought that PL experianced Sanchez would quicken up the pace which was clearly needed in the last 15

Â