Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

He's not good enough for our starting eleven, his footballing brain is possibly the slowest I've ever seen. He's also surprisingly weak, he gets pushed iff the ball constantly. I'll be beginning to miss El Ahmadi at this rate!

Would keep him in for next week and tell him to man mark Coutinho. if we can nullify him that's half the battle won.

I agree Sanchez just dosen't have the mobility to influence things in a middle two so for next week hope Gana is fit and I'd freshen it up by bringing in Veretout. 

He can have some hair-raising moments, but he never hides, and he is always having an effect on the game. We need his strength. Sanchez, Gueye and Veretout should be our midfield every game, injuries permitting. 

His effect is, more often than not, negative.

I think there's a good player in there somewhere - I'm just not convinced we'll see it at Villa.

Edit:  Also, strength?  He's far too weak for a player of his size IMO.

Edited by bobzy

Remaining to remain completely unconvinced by Carlos Sanchez.

Our midfield looks so much better without him.

He broke up so many plays and intercepted a lot of passes. I think he only gave the ball away once today whereas Gana gave away the ball 4-5 times which a couple should have resulted in goals for Liverpool. Sanchez is a CDM so he will always be unappreciated. No one pays attention to the guy who stops the opponent's momentum and passes. 

Remaining to remain completely unconvinced by Carlos Sanchez.

Our midfield looks so much better without him.

We were cut apart with ease the moment Sanchez went off. Admittedly, we weren't too solid before he was subbed, but he was the best of our midfield three today.

I'm a fan of his. He'd get into the starting XI most weeks for me.

He should of been marking the space that Milner got into for the first goal, he came out to the ball when Westwood and Gana were already putting pressure on Coutinho. He did the very same thing in the second half as well allowing Milner in for a chance again.  He lacks discipline and has shown it too often now for him to be starting matches,  he has positives to his game and looks great at times but his negatives are way too costly and outweigh the positives for me.

I haven't seen a replay but I presumed at the time that Milner should have been his man for the opening goal. Impressive thereafter, stiffled them and tracked play into our box. Passed well enough also.

He is really impressive in the way he tackles and covers back. The issue is that after he wins the ball (and 9 times out of 10 he does) we lack the players to give it to and drive on forward. Westwood doesn't do that, Others? I don't think so.  I don't know what the answer is but we have got to find 1,

Â