Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

He's certainly growing in confidence - bizarrely, thinking about it, he's been at the club longer than most of the other foreign midfielders so maybe he sees himself as a mentor.

Would have liked to see him as a DM instead of Veretout playing that deep in midfield last night. Lack of (trusted) personnel at CB. 

Stronger physically than Westwood and is a proper DM, has a good range of passing and reads the game well - could be good to see him and Gana play together in some games where the other team poses a more physical threat.

They played together on Saturday at Palace. 

He was really good, they worked well together. Lot's of physicality and energy, obviously. 

Proof needed that some players need time to settle in this country and to the pace of the football over here. He's looking much better 

• Like 1

Looking like a different player to what we seen last year. I haven't been his biggest fan but this season he looks fantastic.

I'm watching a different player to other people.

Twice in last 2 minutes he's failed to make a simple challenge in the middle of the park.  First time Defoe flashes a shot wide, second time Sunderland equalise.

First half was top drawer, second half wasn't particularly good. The tactical change Sunderland made meant he was under a lot more pressure. 

Fair, I was listening to first half so didn't watch it.

Watched the second and he looked his usual self - tidy enough but prone to stupid errors.  Toivonen completely overran him.

Â