Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I understand why he tried to play some of the passes he did, and I also understand why he didn't give up at any stage even though nothing was working out for him. A bad game but as stated above, the players around him need to help.

He had a bad game but I hope people don't overreact. A couple of people on the previous page have decided that it's evidence that he can't pass now - despite having close to and above 90% passing accuracy in a lot of the games he's played for us. 

Agree that although he had a shocker, at no point did he stop looking to get involved. I'd rather this than him be anonymous like the rest of the midfield was for most of the game.

Hopefully he has a better game next week.

Saw someone on Facebook say he was the worst player ever to wear a Villa shirt.

Crikey...

Knee jerk stuff. I'm used to it to be honest.

I'm as critical as anyone of his performance yesterday, but he clearly IS a good player. It was just a bad day at the office for him.

Crikey...

Wait till Carles has a stinker , no one really minds criticism in itself , but dear me , when some of thses " fickle " cretins get going , well it beggars belief .

Crikey...

Wait till Carles has a stinker , no one really minds criticism in itself , but dear me , when some of thses " fickle " cretins get going , well it beggars belief .

a guy in the Irish Villa page few weeks back said Sanchez and Cissokho were dreadful signings and then said Gil would be the next Luna :D

Should get him to post something along the lines of Benteke being a one season wonder. If Benteke pulls his thumb out of his arse then we know your man has something going on.

Sanchez had a bad day at work. We all do. I'm glad he kept trying anyway, just kept going. That's the right mentality.

He had a bad game, but he kept trying and didn't hide.  Playing next to the dismal Cleverley can't help much.

I actually think the trying made it worse in a weird way.

I'm not saying people should stop trying, obviously. But what I mean is Carlos seemed to be trying too hard. He seemed to be trying more and more raking passes and they never worked.

Shame. He's a very good player. just one of those days for him. Hope he doesn't dwell on it.

Crikey...

Make no mistake, it was worse than any Pub player performance, and the sad thing is it is not the first time I have seen him give the ball away often like this. I can't remember which game it was but he gave it away so many times in succession it eventually led to a goal or goals. Nowhere good enough at this level. Having an off day is one thing, but turning into a confused amateur footballer with no direction or being able to pass to another teammate is another. I would drop him just on the basis of that last performance to be honest.

Crikey...

Make no mistake, it was worse than any Pub player performance, and the sad thing is it is not the first time I have seen him give the ball away often like this. I can't remember which game it was but he gave it away so many times in succession it eventually led to a goal or goals. Nowhere good enough at this level. Having an off day is one thing, but turning into a confused amateur footballer with no direction or being able to pass to another teammate is another. I would drop him just on the basis of that last performance to be honest.

yet he was a standout player in the World Cup  :lol:

Crikey...

yet he was a standout player in the World Cup  :lol:

The only problem with your retort is that I was referring particularly to THAT performance, as well as the other performance I tried to highlight. NOT the player in general. :rolleyes:​ . You simply cannot afford those performances at this level, and especially not in our current plight!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

It might be best to leave him out against Chelsea though. Yes he's been very good but even against Liverpool he gave the ball away a couple of times and it nearly cost us. Against Chelsea any mistakes will cost us. 

• Like 1

Â