Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Think Sherwood could iron out Sanchez's faults?

I don't think it is a question ironing out his faults as organising the team to better take advantage of what Sanchez offers. He should be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

• Like 1

I don't agree, It's like he wants all day on the ball and then he goes and does something silly. And usually when he does do it he's the last man back apart from the defence leaving us vulnerable.

Don't agree the reason why he dwells on the ball is because no-one wants it from him, thing with Sanchez he will not just be a sideways pass, he wants to try and play it forward. He makes mistakes but he has shown what a big player he can be and will continue to be for us.

• Like 1

I think he will take a little bit of time now to get used to the tempo Sherwood will want us to play at instead of the ponderous stuff that's gone before. I think he's a better player than Westwood but will,have to scrap it out with him now for that place as I think Westwood did well on Sunday.

I don't agree, It's like he wants all day on the ball and then he goes and does something silly. And usually when he does do it he's the last man back apart from the defence leaving us vulnerable.

Don't agree the reason why he dwells on the ball is because no-one wants it from him, thing with Sanchez he will not just be a sideways pass, he wants to try and play it forward. He makes mistakes but he has shown what a big player he can be and will continue to be for us.
This, I think he's shown he can pick an attacking pass, we will see assists from this guy if we play consistently like we did 2nd half against Leicester.

Doesn't have the legs to play in a central duo for me.  Was poor again today.  Takes far too long on the ball, is slow to track back and got out-jumped on a number of occasions by Stephen Ireland today(!).  If you're playing that central 3 which Lambert used, he sits as the defensive midfielder.  If we setup with a central 2, he's just not there yet.

• Like 1

As i said on another thread, Sherwood got suckered today, playing 2 in central midfield left us exposed, too much movement, and too much pace off Stoke.Saying that , 2 poor goals, you could argue Vlaar should have done better on both.

Mistake taking Gil off, and Gabby and Sinclair were poorer than Sanchez imho, and Delph wasn't much better.

Wins a lot of the ball high up Sanchez, and the pass to Hutton was superb.In good positions, our final ball is terrible.

As i said on another thread, Sherwood got suckered today, playing 2 in central midfield left us exposed, too much movement, and too much pace off Stoke.Saying that , 2 poor goals, you could argue Vlaar should have done better on both.

Mistake taking Gil off, and Gabby and Sinclair were poorer than Sanchez imho, and Delph wasn't much better.

Wins a lot of the ball high up Sanchez, and the pass to Hutton was superb.In good positions, our final ball is terrible.

Sinclair was probably our brightest player today.  He scored a great header and made decent runs all the time.

Sanchez was just terrible.

I did'nt think Sinclair did much tbh.Against a poor FB, didn't beat him once.Saying that i'm not going to expect too much, and thinkk he will come good.

Sanchez wasn't terrible, great pass to Hutton that should have led to a goal, wins the ball high up th pitch, tries a bit too much sometimes.Delph and Sanchez were over exposed today, Sherwood got suckered, took off the wrong man, and played the wrong system, not Sanchezs fault.

You don't rate him, fair enough, i do.

I did'nt think Sinclair did much tbh.Against a poor FB, didn't beat him once.Saying that i'm not going to expect too much, and thinkk he will come good.

Sanchez wasn't terrible, great pass to Hutton that should have led to a goal, wins the ball high up th pitch, tries a bit too much sometimes.Delph and Sanchez were over exposed today, Sherwood got suckered, took off the wrong man, and played the wrong system, not Sanchezs fault.

You don't rate him, fair enough, i do.

As per my initial post today, he's good as a defensive midfielder in a central three.  In a central two, he doesn't have the legs for it, wants too much time on the ball and can't match up against smaller, lighter opponents.  For the one great pass he did, he got caught on the ball and made poorer passes more often.

He's not a bad player, he's just not the right player if we're going to play as we did today.

I'm reluctantly coming to the conclusion that he's a passenger we can't afford to carry for the rest of the season. The tragedy is we've spent the last six months playing with 4 central midfielders and none of them, in the final analysis, are any good at all. 

Â