Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Saw someone on Facebook say he was the worst player ever to wear a Villa shirt.

Crikey...

Make no mistake, it was worse than any Pub player performance, and the sad thing is it is not the first time I have seen him give the ball away often like this. I can't remember which game it was but he gave it away so many times in succession it eventually led to a goal or goals. Nowhere good enough at this level. Having an off day is one thing, but turning into a confused amateur footballer with no direction or being able to pass to another teammate is another. I would drop him just on the basis of that last performance to be honest.

yet he was a standout player in the World Cup  :lol:

The only problem with your retort is that I was referring particularly to THAT performance, as well as the other performance I tried to highlight. NOT the player in general. :rolleyes:​ . You simply cannot afford those performances at this level, and especially not in our current plight!

So he's had a few dodgy games and arguably been MOTM in a few others and pretty decent in the rest and he should be benched as he isn't good enough for this level?

In case you haven't noticed, Cleverly, Benteke and a few others have done very little this season, in fact they are much more deserving of being benched compared to Sanchez and a few dodgy performances. Finally, yesterday, everyone was terrible. To single one player out and say they aren't good enough when the majority of the team was below par is plain silly.

• Like 1

He had an absolute shocker yesterday, why Lambert left him on for so long I'll never know.

You could see it in Wiemann's face as he was brought off that even the players seemed baffled by it.

Yeah, who would have thought a hangover and two hours' sleep would have such an effect on the team.

He had an absolute shocker yesterday, why Lambert left him on for so long I'll never know.

You could see it in Wiemann's face as he was brought off that even the players seemed baffled by it.

Yeah, who would have thought a hangover and two hours' sleep would have such an effect on the team.

Sorry?

• Like 1

Crikey...

Make no mistake, it was worse than any Pub player performance, and the sad thing is it is not the first time I have seen him give the ball away often like this. I can't remember which game it was but he gave it away so many times in succession it eventually led to a goal or goals. Nowhere good enough at this level. Having an off day is one thing, but turning into a confused amateur footballer with no direction or being able to pass to another teammate is another. I would drop him just on the basis of that last performance to be honest.

yet he was a standout player in the World Cup  :lol:

The only problem with your retort is that I was referring particularly to THAT performance, as well as the other performance I tried to highlight. NOT the player in general. :rolleyes:​ . You simply cannot afford those performances at this level, and especially not in our current plight!

So he's had a few dodgy games and arguably been MOTM in a few others and pretty decent in the rest and he should be benched as he isn't good enough for this ?

In case you haven't noticed, Cleverly, Benteke and a few others have done very little this season, in fact they are much more deserving of being benched compared to Sanchez and a few dodgy performances. Finally, yesterday, everyone was terrible. To single one player out and say they aren't good enough when the majority of the team was below par is plain silly.

Reread my comment again to answer at least ONe of your questions, also as I said, He was the CENTRAL midfielder, do you know how much pressure he put our other players under due to those horrendous pieces of play? No one is debating that everyone else was Gash. He has also had this type of performance before. Check my history and you will realise I am usually one of the more neutral posters on here and have ALOT of patience for our players. As has been stated a repeat performance against Chelsea and we are screwed. It is natural that when Central midfield is being shite the rest of the team will suffer. this is not me saying he is a bad player ffs. just the same as Benteke isnt a bad player but also needs to be dropped!

• Like 1

He had a bad game, but he kept trying and didn't hide.  Playing next to the dismal Cleverley can't help much.

I actually think the trying made it worse in a weird way.

I'm not saying people should stop trying, obviously. But what I mean is Carlos seemed to be trying too hard. He seemed to be trying more and more raking passes and they never worked.

Shame. He's a very good player. just one of those days for him. Hope he doesn't dwell on it.

Maybe, but that's where a manager needs to have a word at half time, or take him off altogether.

Just guessing. I can't believe we really are so very crap as a team unless they all had a night out before the early kickoff on Sunday.

Yep, none of us are down watching training so coaching and tactics can't be a reason.  Yes that's the only one that makes sense.

Just guessing. I can't believe we really are so very crap as a team unless they all had a night out before the early kickoff on Sunday.

Yep, none of us are down watching training so coaching and tactics can't be a reason.  Yes that's the only one that makes sense.

I might not be sure what they do in training, but I'm reasonably confident that getting Sanchez to practice making neat passes to the opposition every time he gets the ball isn't part of the coaching repertoire.

No you're right. It must be because the team were hungover after a night out.

Makes much more sense than any impact the manager could have on them.

Because yesterday was so different to most of the last 19 games it must be something like that. Good spot.

He had a bad game, but he kept trying and didn't hide.  Playing next to the dismal Cleverley can't help much.

I actually think the trying made it worse in a weird way.

I'm not saying people should stop trying, obviously. But what I mean is Carlos seemed to be trying too hard. He seemed to be trying more and more raking passes and they never worked.

Shame. He's a very good player. just one of those days for him. Hope he doesn't dwell on it.

Maybe, but that's where a manager needs to have a word at half time, or take him off altogether.

No argument there.

I'd have hooked him after 20 minutes ;)

He had an excellent game against Sunderland at Home....He give the ball away yesterday, sure and it wasn't good....but the way our players were so bereft off the ball , Johhny Haynes/Glenn Hoddle ( for the younger ones) would have given it away....the off the ball nous was appalling.

There is more wrong with this team than Carlos Sanchez

ps It will be Carles Gil soon, being castigated.

Edited by TRO

Crikey...

To be fair he's got to be a close contender but I would still put a few of the current squad in front of him before I even look at The GT Mk II era

For a player who I rate, the performance against Arsenal was worrying.

It was as bad a performance from anyone I've seen in a Villa shirt. Hell, he was worse than Cleverley and most of the time all you have to do is turn up to avoid that accolade.

• Like 1

He had a run of playing easier sides and probably had more time against them. Against Arsenal he was far too slow to react. I think Westwood will come in for him against Chelsea. Even though Cleverly has had more shockers.

Lambert is pretty terrible at using substitutions. Not quite MON bad but close.

Like MON though he makes the same changes.Every game come 60-70 mins and we are losing off comes Cleverly he is like the reverse Heskey.

For me the Sanchez was having a stinker he should of been replaced within the first 10 mins of the second half.What I don't get his he was brought as a DM win the ball play it simple but somehow he is being used/directed to try and be some kind of playmaker spreading the ball around.

If you watch the game you'll see Sanchez on the ball in his customary deep position looking for a player to come short to him from an advanced midfield position and seeing no one. Then he tries to hit a crossfield ball or a defence splitting pass and losing it. They isolated him in a big way and we did nothing to counteract it. The opportunities he had to play balls into feet he took and he broke up play well.

We were thoroughly outplayed by Arsenal in every way and the manager needs to take full responsibility for not instructing the players to change if they couldn't see it themselves.

Personally I think Delph had a worse game, optically Sanchez looked worse but Delph rarely presented himself as an outlet for the pass and often ended up deeper than Sanchez which made no sense.

• Like 2

Â