Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Going full circle to back to what he was when he first started out. 

Miles off the pace, never near the opponent or the ball. Did nothing except to give away the ball and fouls. Constantly beaten on both the ground and in the air.

The good moves he made, tackles or decent passes, could be counted with one hand, which is nowhere near good enough.

I certainly don't think he was atrocious, yes he got caught in possession a few times, although not as much as Gil for example, but was probably our most involved player. I think he pulled his weight more than Delph in an outnumbered midfield.

• Like 1

Big question for me can he be as effective in a 2 man midfield as he generally was in a 3?

I'm not sure....you need as much energy as possible if you're playing just two centrally so in that situation I'd bring Cleverley back and play Sanchez as DM in the tough away games.

The effort and work-rate was there with him but he was still clumsy in the tackle and poor in possession, you can tell there's a player there but he wasn't showing much of it today. He was never hiding though which is a positive.

• Like 1

Exposed by poor tactics, the midfield was lightweight and he had too much do and ended up doing that badly.

Fully agree. My impression of him as a player before he signed for us was that he sat deep and kept it simple.  He is obviously struggling with his fitness so to me he is being asked to do too much which in turn is leading to mistake after mistake.   I think he can be a really important player if he is allowed to just stick to what he is good at.

• Like 2

Overhyped player. I do not realize what see some Villa fans on him. Poor passer, weak under pressure and giving the ball to the opposition constantly.

Re. lightweight midfield: this is well known con of Villa squad and it is a fail of Villa's previous managers. Whole team is lightweight minus Benteke and Kozak.

Overhyped player. I do not realize what see some Villa fans on him. Poor passer, weak under pressure and giving the ball to the opposition constantly.

Re. lightweight midfield: this is well known con of Villa squad and it is a fail of Villa's previous managers. Whole team is lightweight minus Benteke and Kozak.

Yes it what I thought before. He might develop into a good player for us but he's miles from being one yet. I'm missing KEA, thats how bad things are in the middle of the park for us. 

Edited by PaulC

Touched the ball more than any player. Passed the ball more than any other player. Made more tackles than any other player and only benteke won more headers than him.

As a defensive midfield player he was OK but was let down with some of his passes. Delph did nothing to help him out in the middle at all.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Don't think he was that bad yesterday. He dwells on the ball too much and in a 2 man midfield he is probably expected to do more than he is capable of. The guy is a classic defensive midfielder who should pass the ball within 2 touches, if he starts that and is played in his correct position then he will remain an asset.

Come off it, Sanchez was absolutely pathetic yesterday. As he was in the Arsenal game and as he was in his first 4-5 games for us.

The only people who say he had a decent game yesterday are the ones with the 'Westwood agenda'. Will blag he had a decent game just so it proves their point he should be in the team above Westwood. Westwood has never played that bad EVER. Sanchez certainly has more attributes then Westwood but give me 6 or 7 out of 10 every game Westwood than Mr inconsistent Sanchez who goes from one extreme to the next.

Think it was a case of doing to much, look at his stats, he had more touches and passes, tackles than any other player and was second in other stats. He is not there to play cross field balls or cutting through balls but always seems to be in a position to do so (of which I saw 2 quality long passes from him).

Gets caught out as he isn't in the right position with the right midfield around him. I would.like to see him just behind Delph and someone else (maybe bacuna) with them.to.told to get ball of Sanchez and drive forward leaving Sanchez in middle of park to protect back 4.

Think people are criticsing for doing a job he shouldn't be, it's all down to tactics

Come off it, Sanchez was absolutely pathetic yesterday. As he was in the Arsenal game and as he was in his first 4-5 games for us.

The only people who say he had a decent game yesterday are the ones with the 'Westwood agenda'. Will blag he had a decent game just so it proves their point he should be in the team above Westwood. Westwood has never played that bad EVER. Sanchez certainly has more attributes then Westwood but give me 6 or 7 out of 10 every game Westwood than Mr inconsistent Sanchez who goes from one extreme to the next.

What a load of bollocks.

I thought he had an average game, by no means 'absolutely pathetic' as did WhoScored who gave us a 6.4 as a team and Sanchez a 6.4 rating. And neither of us have a 'Westwood agenda'.

• Like 1

Got the Westwood agenda part then stopped reading.

Â