Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Is it you are a Sanchez fan or a Westwood fan then?

Neither, I think that Sanchez has a lot more to offer once he adapts to English football (I might be mistaken), I think Westwood is a decent player, but doesn't offer all that much.

For me sanchez mainly did his job. Delph didn't do anything, gill struggled and gabby and benteke were useless.

For the next game i'd prefer to see Gill in front of Sanchez and delph with bacuna and Sinclair either side of benteke.

Thats the side i why stick with until the end of the season DC.

Set up right it should be hard to beat, and might offer enough energy and movement to get us out of this mess.

Don't agree. I think he's a liability. 

So you have to be a Sanchez or a Westwood fan now? For somebody who complained about 'pathetically childish' comments in the Westwood thread, this is pretty rich.

FWIW, I don't think think there is a Westwood agenda. Some people have openly admitted they'll never rate him and are overly harsh about him on purpose, but that's their prerogative.

My opinion regarding the 2 players, I put in the Westwood thread.

Westwood is far more consistent, won't cost you a game but lacks many physical attributes. Better passer of the ball than Sanchez.

Sanchez has a far reaching extremes in performance. He could singlehandedly win you a game with his brilliance or singlehandedly cost you a game with his direness. If he settles down and becomes more consistent, we have a real player on our hands. Has all the physical attributes that Westwood lacks.

If you combined the two. they'd be a hell of a player.

• Like 2

It shouldn't be.

I'm one of Westwood's biggest defenders, but I think Sanchez should be ahead of him when he's on form.

But that doesn't stop me from recognising when Sanchez was poor. And yesterday he was. But like I've said elsewhere I think you can put a large part of that down to the system. We can't play with a 2 man midfield.

• Like 1

And you are the poster who purposely posted a comment immediately after the game suggesting that Sanchez cost us the game, and Westwood wouldn't have.

For the sake of AVFC i hope that Sherwood makes the right decisions about the midfield combination and keeps us up, and if that means Westwood in the team, then so be it, not for me though, i would go with a midfield of Delph, Sanchez and Bacuna tbh.

We need consistent players in the predicament were in

We can't afford to take a gamble and play Sanchez i'd rather us just play Westwood or Cleverley

They might be 6/10 in every game but that's better than 0/10 in the majority of games with a 7/10 in the odd one

And you are the poster who purposely posted a comment immediately after the game suggesting that Sanchez cost us the game, and Westwood wouldn't have.

Nope.

Totally wrong.

I always explained this to you.

My post was aimed at somebody who said that Sanchez would be rendered useless because of Westwood. That has been proven wrong.

I wasn't saying Sanchez was to blame for anything. Please read the first time so I don't have to type it all out again. Ta.

For the sake of AVFC i hope that Sherwood makes the right decisions about the midfield combination and keeps us up, and if that means Westwood in the team, then so be it, not for me though, i would go with a midfield of Delph, Sanchez and Bacuna tbh.

Me?

Think you're mistaken

• 2 weeks later...

The 2nd goal counter attack even had 5' nothing Westwood winning a header :D

It did indeed, but Sanchez got his noggin' right on the money from the first ball in, just giving him a bit of praise as I feel he could still be a really good player for us.

The 2nd goal counter attack even had 5' nothing Westwood winning a header :D

It did indeed, but Sanchez got his noggin' right on the money from the first ball in, just giving him a bit of praise as I feel he could still be a really good player for us.

Yeah, of course. The 2 comments weren't mutually exclusive :)

Â