Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

So good again yesterday. Shame it was lost to the overall performance.

He was good... but didn't he gift them the ball when making some weird run across the edge of his own box inclusive of wank control in the first place?

I really thought we had signed another foreign dud in the first few games. Another "wont get used to PL speed" etc blah blah blah. However in the last few games he has turned into a half-Vieira/half-Pirlo monster.

Carlos Sanchez attempted the most passes (117) in the Premier League on New Year's Day

Saw that in the Mail, highest passes from a Villa player since 2003.

At long last I think it's safe to say we've finally replaced Stan.

And then some. Expect 'big club' links any time soon.

Carlos Sanchez attempted the most passes (117) in the Premier League on New Year's Day

While I've been very impressed with sanche z, he has a stat like this because teams are allowing us to pass it round defence and midfield with little pressure. Sanchez is the one that's constantly getting the ball and keep it moving.

I think he's a great player but I'd imagine those type of stats decrease if teams started to actually care we had the ball.

Quite a few, and when he couldn't he was rallying the forwards to look for the ball.

Yeah though most of that tally is made up of him passing forward and the forward player passing it straight back to him. This was his frustration yesterday, no one would make the run off his pass, happens all the time, awful to watch.

Â