Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

If you watch the game you'll see Sanchez on the ball in his customary deep position looking for a player to come short to him from an advanced midfield position and seeing no one. Then he tries to hit a crossfield ball or a defence splitting pass and losing it. They isolated him in a big way and we did nothing to counteract it. The opportunities he had to play balls into feet he took and he broke up play well.

We were thoroughly outplayed by Arsenal in every way and the manager needs to take full responsibility for not instructing the players to change if they couldn't see it themselves.

Personally I think Delph had a worse game, optically Sanchez looked worse but Delph rarely presented himself as an outlet for the pass and often ended up deeper than Sanchez which made no sense.

The passing was the most notable part of Sanchez' horrific game.  You should see him for the 3rd(?) goal too.  Arsenal break and he's basically tracking Walcott with the ball - obviously no easy task - but as soon as Walcott lays the ball infield for a 1-2, Sanchez just stops on the edge of our box.  He does nothing to affect anything; and that's as our apparent defensive mid.

He had an absolute shocker.  Hopefully it's out of his system!

It can't help changing tactics all the time. With playing a high line if there wasn't a forward pass on he couldn't drop it to a CB as they're pushed up so much so would have to take riskier options. That's something you don't want as any mistake and the opposition is into the defence with no cover. I think the performance was that bad we can just write it off especially as he's been probably been our best CM for the last 2 months. Our best players at the minute all looked awful on Sunday hopefully they've all got it out their system now!

Saw someone on Facebook say he was the worst player ever to wear a Villa shirt.

Crikey...

To be fair he's got to be a close contender but I would still put a few of the current squad in front of him before I even look at The GT Mk II era

If that's the one time you've seen him then maybe. Otherwise it's utter twaddle.

I'd stake my reputation on him never playing that bad again. I think we have seen more than enough from him so far to know he's got a touch of quality about him, the game just happened to run away from him last weekend. Agree that he was hung out to dry also.

Let's see how he gets on today.

• Like 1

The bloke has only been playing premiership football for a few months give him a break

I've seen games where he's been immense MOTM and games where he's been crap but that's to be expected at this point

Nobody remember what Petrov was like when he first came to the club?

Edited by AshVilla

Can I just remind people when Sanchez had two man of the match performances as the holding midfielder that I said when Westwood came back Lambert would push Sanchez out and he'd lose his effectiveness but that you would a say he's just gone rubbish. Well suck on that all of you. I have a football knowledge greater than Lambert and even called his ridiculous music use of a player just so he can play his son westy

Can I just remind people when Sanchez had two man of the match performances as the holding midfielder that I said when Westwood came back Lambert would push Sanchez out and he'd lose his effectiveness but that you would a say he's just gone rubbish. Well suck on that all of you. I have a football knowledge greater than Lambert and even called his ridiculous music use of a player just so he can play his son westy

What?

Westwood was dropped for Sanchez last week and Sanchez was played in the holding role. He was atrocious so he was dropped.

You're making things up.

• Like 1

You don't pay much attention do you?

what has his musical taste got to do with anything?

• 2 weeks later...

I think Sanchez has some work to do to get into Sherwoods side - I think with Bacuna, Gil, Sinclair we now have options - whilst sanchez won't be competing directly with any of those - I just feel he will miss out. Westwood and Delph seem to have the central positions to loose   (although Delph will have to do better than he did on sun)

Â