Aly Cissokho

samjp26

I've got a sneaky feeling that his performances at Liverpool have done us a real favour here. Less than £2m, incredible.

I think Valencia are in a financial hole still as well and pretty much have to sell, but yeah. I agree.

I think it's more to do with that they have just been taken over and are undergoing a big rebuild. Also, as Samjp mentioned earlier, Gaya is really highly rated so they are probably giving him priority. Either way, it's good for us.

I've got a sneaky feeling that his performances at Liverpool have done us a real favour here. Less than £2m, incredible.

I think Valencia are in a financial hole still as well and pretty much have to sell, but yeah. I agree.

Surprised we weren't beaten by another team to get him though to be fair. Just watched his AVTV interview, his reaction to being told Stoke is our first game :D "it will be very hard there, it is difficult to play"  :D

The fella knows the crack already!

I have a feeling that the tightened wage budget may have been loosened a tiny bit, maybe with Randy thinking it won't be his problem in 12 months time, so it doesn't need to be that strict. Considering where Cissokho has played, I reckon he may be on £35k p/w.

My mate who's a Plop fan reckons if Lambert tells him to sit in defence and not over commit he will be a solid player for us.

If however we expect him to attack then he says dont expect him back in our own half for 5 minutes coz he is like a slug getting back.

But we are stronger with him here no doubt.

Welcome!

We will have 5 defenders and 3 non attacking central mids, attacking is going to be a very rare thing this season.

Cole, Nzog, Bent, Tekkers, Kozak, and Gabby show  a reasonable amount of attacking talent no?

My mate who's a Plop fan reckons if Lambert tells him to sit in defence and not over commit he will be a solid player for us.

If however we expect him to attack then he says dont expect him back in our own half for 5 minutes coz he is like a slug getting back.

But we are stronger with him here no doubt.

Welcome!

We will have 5 defenders and 3 non attacking central mids, attacking is going to be a very rare thing this season.

Cole, Nzog, Bent, Tekkers, Kozak, and Gabby show  a reasonable amount of attacking talent no?

I still don't think that will matter. I agree that we won't attack much but not because of what AndyM3000 mentioned above.

I just think we won't have much possession because our midfield might as well be non-existent. When we do have the ball, no one moves for it to receive a pass so we just end up hoofing it forward or losing it due to pressure. Midfield is our worst area of the team in my opinion.

We need two centre midfielders: a tough tackling DM that sits deep and plays simple passes, and a centre midfielder with a bit of flair and an eye for a pass. Throw Delph in there too as the box-to box and we'd look better. If we had a good number ten to link the midfield to the attack then we'd be in good business. Cole is probably the closest we have but he's a bit old now and I don't think he'll stay fit for the majority of the season.

Edited by Ginko

How long will the international clearance take? I guess he won't be eligible for tomorrow.

Hopefully it is quicker than he is. State of affairs when we are getting excited over a player like this :(
You've obviously seen alot of him then. Fill us in on whats so bad about him?
Yes i saw enough of him last year in premiership and going on that i dont want to see any more.

He started 12 games in the Premiership last season and it was his first season in England. You should probably reserve judgement til he gets a proper crack at it as it can often take a player a full season to get to grips with playing in the Premiership. ;)

Exactly!!

I was bored so I looked at when he appeared for Liverpool. It was mostly Saturday afternoon games or mid week cup games, so unless people for some reason bothered to spend their afternoons watching Liverpool on a live stream, or watched them regularly on Sky's match choice then I doubt they've seen him play that much at all.

I have a feeling that the tightened wage budget may have been loosened a tiny bit, maybe with Randy thinking it won't be his problem in 12 months time, so it doesn't need to be that strict. Considering where Cissokho has played, I reckon he may be on £35k p/w.

Can't see him thinking that. What would make him think he will be able to sell next summer?

Cheapish decentish and doesn't take too much of the remaining budget that lambert needs elsewhere. Good business by the manager as even if he turns out to be shite it won't have wasted too much

• Like 2

Â