Aly Cissokho

samjp26

That was as good a left back performance I can remember for us in many a year. He hardly put a foot a wrong and looked solid defensively. Going forward was a real surprise as he made an overlap on numerous occasions and put a couple of decent crosses in.

Very early days but at 2 mill he could well be a snip.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

That was as good a left back performance I can remember for us in many a year. He hardly put a foot a wrong and looked solid defensively. Going forward was a real surprise as he made an overlap on numerous occasions and put a couple of decent crosses in.

Very early days but at 2 mill he could well be a snip.

Was pretty much going to post exactly this!

He's a **** unit too, were definitely not as frail at the back now.

Was pleasantly surprised by how well he contributed to our attack and he seemed to pick his moments really well, and never once got stranded too far forward.

Most of all though, he was as solid as a rock defensively. Once you've achieved that the rest is just icing on the top!

• Like 1

I don't think Bojan is crap. We just (smartly) targeted Bojan the whole game. Good tactics. Close the lad down, and don't give him a chance to play.

Aly didn't look bothered by much the whole game no matter how hard Stoke tried. Bardsley was the only player I remembered beating him.

I don't think Bojan is crap. We just (smartly) targeted Bojan the whole game. Good tactics. Close the lad down, and don't give him a chance to play.

Aly didn't look bothered by much the whole game no matter how hard Stoke tried. Bardsley was the only player I remembered beating him.

He's not crap, but the hype surrounding him in the media before the game was pretty tiresome. They were acting like he was some kind of world class player and that we had no chance against Stoke because of it.

• Like 3

I didn't get why people were still talking about Bojan as if it was still 2008. This is a guy that was awful (emphasis on this word) even in the Eredivisie. It wasn't a coup for Stoke to sign him in any sense.

Just back from the game and he played very well. There were a couple of occassions where he out muscled Stoke players to protect the ball for it to go our for goal kicks. His no nonsense approach to defending will be a key asset to us this season.

It was a nice touch throwing his shirt into the crowd at the end.

• Like 1

He's not crap, but the hype surrounding him in the media before the game was pretty tiresome. They were acting like he was some kind of world class player and that we had no chance against Stoke because of it.

Ah gotcha. Yeah. I did enjoy ruining the media's narrative today. Very amusing :)

• Like 1

What a great debut, he played exactly as the reports said, excellent on one on one situations and also got forward well.

Looks like he could be a bargain but then again Luna looked great v Arsenal this time last year.

The difference is that Cissokho is a player that's been there and done it, he's played at the top level in the cl for lyon, I think he's a great player and have done for a number of years

Top performance from him today, pleased for him. Hope he somewhat gets a decent reputation back for himself as all other fans just seem to think he's useless.

I absolutely love that pic of him throwing his shirt into the crowd after the game as well. 

Â