Aly Cissokho

samjp26

We seem to do quite well when we deal with Liverpool.

Players we bought and turned out well: Saunders, Staunton, Houghton. (didn't we have Steve McMahon as well?)

Players we sold and made a killing from: Downing for £20mil (ha ha)

We aren't dealing with Liverpool though, we are dealing with Valencia.

Agree with the list though.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Players we bought and turned out well: Saunders, Staunton, Houghton. (didn't we have Steve McMahon as well?)

We also conceded three of the goals that made Carroll look worth buying ;) hee hee hee

On topic, all I've seen of him was a godawful performance when we drew at Anfield, hope he does well for us.

• Like 1

We haven't got a statement of intent from Lerner here.

What we have got though is a left back that was one of the brightest prospects in Europe in his position, playing in the Champions League regularly, just a few years ago. He's still only 26 too.

James Nursey@JamesNursey 2m

Cissokho should be confirmed later this evening & he's signing a long-term deal - which can be viewed as a statement from Lerner. #avfc

Hopefully he is more informed on this than he was earlier.

I'm confused by the statement bit.
The statement is that we still have **** all money to spend but we may still sign some decent players if we can get them cheap enough. Could be worse I suppose.

All heil Randolph Lerner, saviour of Aston Villa.

We aren't dealing with Liverpool though, we are dealing with Valencia.

Agree with the list though.

I notice the omission of a certain Stanley Victor Collymore! Joe Cole who is also ex Liverpool may eb the new Berger!

You take out the few appearances he had for Liverpool then we'd all be very pleased with this signing. However you take out that spell at Liverpool and I doubt very much we'd be signing him.

On the face of it to me this looks like an improvement on what we have and adds a little more much needed experience.

• Like 1

You take out the few appearances he had for Liverpool then we'd all be very pleased with this signing. However you take out that spell at Liverpool and I doubt very much we'd be signing him.

On the face of it to me this looks like an improvement on what we have and adds a little more much needed experience.

This Mark.

We're shopping in Lidl's/Aldi for players so all things considered I think this is a decent signing.

viewed as a statement? A 2 mill signing? Forget the player but really? Or am I missing something?

LONG TERM CONTRACT

Not really a statement of intent from Lerner at all. If he sells, the length of contracts isn't his issue

Yeah that's true as it won't be his problem to pay the wages when he is gone but it puts us in a better position to have Cissokho on a long term deal incase he turns out to be a beast and we want sell him. It could mean a difference of a few million to his price so I'm happy enough with Randy in this instance for once.

This Mark.

We're shopping in Lidl's/Aldi for players so all things considered I think this is a decent signing.

We wish we were shopping at Aldi or Lidl.

Â