Aly Cissokho

samjp26

My mate who's a Plop fan reckons if Lambert tells him to sit in defence and not over commit he will be a solid player for us.

If however we expect him to attack then he says dont expect him back in our own half for 5 minutes coz he is like a slug getting back.

But we are stronger with him here no doubt.

Welcome!

We will have 5 defenders and 3 non attacking central mids, attacking is going to be a very rare thing this season.

How long will the international clearance take? I guess he won't be eligible for tomorrow.

Hopefully it is quicker than he is. State of affairs when we are getting excited over a player like this :(

How long will the international clearance take? I guess he won't be eligible for tomorrow.

Hopefully it is quicker than he is. State of affairs when we are getting excited over a player like this :(

You've obviously seen alot of him then. Fill us in on whats so bad about him?

Yes i saw enough of him last year in premiership and going on that i dont want to see any more.

I haven't seen much of him but judging by his clubs he can't be awful

My thoughts entirely. I know he didn't have a great time at Liverpool, but it seems reasonably clear he has the drive to make it in this league. To rebuild his career from that (15 game) experience.

Porto, Lyon, Valencia, Liverpool... 26 years old.

I haven't seen much of him but judging by his clubs he can't be awful

My thoughts entirely. I know he didn't have a great time at Liverpool, but it seems reasonably clear he has the drive to make it in this league. To rebuild his career from that (15 game) experience.

Porto, Lyon, Valencia, Liverpool... 26 years old.

Yeah but some people have seem him play on Sky Sports once or twice in a new league so that means all of that is irrelevant and he is rubbish, especially as he has willingly joined us!  ;)

• Like 2

Kinda hope he isn't expected to bomb forward - when your up against it, get back to basics, first and foremost let defenders defend, if he goes on a mazy run down the wing, beats 3 players, and sticks it in the top corner great - but his bread and butter is to defend.

• Like 2

Yes i saw enough of him last year in premiership and going on that i dont want to see any more.

He started 12 games in the Premiership last season and it was his first season in England.  You should probably reserve judgement til he gets a proper crack at it as it can often take a player a full season to get to grips with playing in the Premiership. ;)

I've got a sneaky feeling that his performances at Liverpool have done us a real favour here. Less than £2m, incredible.

I think Valencia are in a financial hole still as well and pretty much have to sell, but yeah. I agree.

Surprised we weren't beaten by another team to get him though to be fair. Just watched his AVTV interview, his reaction to being told Stoke is our first game :D "it will be very hard there, it is difficult to play"  :D

No point taking Liverpool fans opinions. In a team that expect to challenge for the title he may well look like a weak link. I'd imagine he's a big step up from Luna and Bennett. It will be nice to see a completely different defensive unit this season.

• Like 1

Â