Aly Cissokho

samjp26

I saw him play a couple of times for Porto (in Europe) and he struck me as been good on the ball, I didn't really see him play last season but am surprised to hear that he's poor with the ball at his feet.

I think he will turn out to be a good signing, seems to have most of the ingredients required to be a good fullback in this league. 

My second favorite player in the league is Coutinho and because of that I watched a lot of Liverpool matches. I wasn't too much impressed with Cissokho tbh. He was good going forward but 7/10 times his crossing ended in the crowd and defensively he was a bit off but thanks to his strength and pace he managed to his job at times, not every time but sometimes. Unfortunately under the most matches he played alongside Kolo Toure who made major errors at times witch made Aly looking like a fool running after and trying to save the day. That could be the reason that I thought so about him. Alongside Vlaar would probably work much better!    

Was at a kids party today and was talking to a few Liverpool fans who told me Cissokho was improving everytime he played and was decent in his last few appearances so I guess this qualifies rock solid ITK going by the standards in this thread.

• Like 2

Just watched his interview (may have already been mentioned), he actually seems like a genuinely nice guy who's excited to be here. Looking forward to seeing him play!

People were saying previously that he wasn't learning English at Liverpool or something, what was he like in the interview, was it in English?

Just watched his interview (may have already been mentioned), he actually seems like a genuinely nice guy who's excited to be here. Looking forward to seeing him play!

People were saying previously that he wasn't learning English at Liverpool or something, what was he like in the interview, was it in English?

Approximately! Sounds like he's been working on it, anyway.

Seems fairly affable, too.

Edited by the_eristic

Yeah it was in English. Apparently he was nervous about doing the interview in English but did it anyway. There were a few times where he said something he wasn't quite sure on and sort of looked to his translator for assurance, but he still did well i thought.

Better English than Benteke when he first joined to be fair. 

He does seem a really nice bloke. Makes you want it all to go well for him at Villa. Here's hoping...

Edited by briny_ear

Yeah it was in English. Apparently he was nervous about doing the interview in English but did it anyway. There were a few times where he said something he wasn't quite sure on and sort of looked to his translator for assurance, but he still did well i thought.

Better English than Benteke when he first joined to be fair. 

Did he say anything about Villa from London?

Lambert has said he will be ready for Stoke.

Excellent. Did he play in that crazy 5-3 Liverpool game at the Brit last year or was Flanagan in the team by then?

Good to integrate him into things as soon as possible. He's actually been playing in pre season unlike Joe Cole so I was surprised the other day when it was suggested he wouldn't be ready.

Â