Kieran Richardson

Nabby

Not the only man bun around now, with Chadli and Blind sporting the same monstrosity. Any other sightings?

but he was the original

David-Beckham+%25281%2529.jpg

im sure Beckham saw a young Kieran displaying it at Man United all them years ago ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Former Sunderland left-back Kieran Richardson is expected to leave Aston Villa before the end of the transfer window, but he won’t be returning to the Stadium of Light.

Former Sunderland left-back Kieran Richardson is expected to leave Aston Villa before the end of the transfer window, but he won’t be returning to the Stadium of Light.

Reports this week suggested that Sunderland were ready to make a move to re-sign Richardson in a £2million move from Villa – three years after he brought down the curtain on a Black Cats career which had seen him 134 appearances in red and white.

But the Echo understands that there is no substance to the speculation and Richardson is not a player on Sunderland’s radar during the final fortnight of the transfer window.

Richardson is likely to leave Villa this month with only 12 months remaining on his contract, but the 30-year-old – who left Sunderland because he wanted to play as a midfielder, rather than a left-back – will not provide a solution to the Black Cats’ defensive problems.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/latest-safc-news/safc-match-analysis/kieran-richardson-not-returning-to-sunderland-1-7416215

I'd say that he can realistically cover 2 positions in the way we set up these days - LB and CM. Neither of which are desperately short of cover, plus he isn't particularly good or anything anyway. I'd be fine with just getting him off the wage bill. 

Minority of 3. I thought he did a good job for us last season. I feel better having someone like him in the squad, also the idea of strengthening a relegation rival is a bit crazy(he is miles better than any of their players in the positions he can play) .

Richards in!

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

Minority of 3. I thought he did a good job for us last season. I feel better having someone like him in the squad, also the idea of strengthening a relegation rival is a bit crazy(he is miles better than any of their players in the positions he can play) .

Richards in!

Decent squad player, does a job and tons of experience.

Id also keep him

• Like 1

Richards in!

Decent squad player, does a job and tons of experience.

Id also keep him

there is 5 of us now! Jeez at this rate we might not be a minority!
  • Like 3

Make that a round half dozen. He is a good quality squad player so worth keeping. There are several other players I would rather see moved on first.

• Like 1

Richardson is ok. Its just he has played exactly as you would expect a journeyman, utility player signed on a free transfer from a relegated side to play. Ok. No secret that i dont rate him or Bennett and think its the only position in the team without a sub I could trust in if everyone is fit. Bacuna, Bennett, Cole, Gardner, Nzogbia, Richardson and Senderos are all out of contract at the end of the year. I think it's obvious now Tim has probably told Bacuna to earn himself a new contract and make RB his own. Who knows what's going on with Gardner? Bennett seems to be in favour, how long that lasts is anyone's guess. As for the other 4, when he's fit I think Cole can still be useful and as a mentor to the younger lads in training more than useful. The other 3 appear to be taking up squad spaces to me and what fills me with hope is that even Ireland got shipped out in the last year of his contract and I never expected that.

Â