Kieran Richardson

Nabby

Ugh I know kinda wish that that header had gone in. That final was in retrospect one my most miserable experiences as a Villa fan (plenty of competition though).

Basically, regardless of how he played last season, I think we're all agreed he's not good enough to be a regular there for us.

The debate really is whether we'd prefer him or Bennett as backup.

Personally it's Richardson all day long. But it's just the least crap player of the two

I'd put Richardson as our number 2 LB. No one would buy him and even if they did we could't replace him with the fee we get. He's not too bad as a no.2 choice LB. I'd send Bennett on loan for another season then re-evaluate him again next summer. 

Think he will be more utilised in midfield this coming season. Definitely keep a hold of him though as if it hits proverbial fan with injuries he can put in a shift in a few positions. As back up it depends on the game. Think we will see both at LB at times depending how we go. Sherwood, I think, will feel it important to get Bennet a little game time of the situation arises.

He offers flexibility off the bench in that he can come in at lb, cm or lw but the problem is he is pretty average in all positions and not really an impact player so sub doesn't suit. With 7 subs available I think flexibility for positions is over rated. Wouldn't make my squad and with jack and Gil back he won't make TS either.

He offers flexibility off the bench in that he can come in at lb, cm or lw but the problem is he is pretty average in all positions and not really an impact player so sub doesn't suit. With 7 subs available I think flexibility for positions is over rated. Wouldn't make my squad and with jack and Gil back he won't make TS either.

He's cover for tiredness and injuries. While he won't offer impact, he'll offer fresh legs and a reasonable degree of competency in a variety of positions.

He's cover for tiredness and injuries. While he won't offer impact, he'll offer fresh legs and a reasonable degree of competency in a variety of positions.

Any sub offers freshness to be fair. And as said before, I think the multi cover thing is not needed when you have 7 options. 

Â