Kieran Richardson

Nabby

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2687605/Kieran-Richardson-Aston-Villa-medical-Fulham-winger-set-snub-West-Ham-West-Brom-Crystal-Palace.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Kieran Richardson to have Aston Villa medical with Fulham winger set to snub West Ham, West Brom and Crystal Palace

West Ham, West Brom and Crystal Palace were keen on Richardson

Villa medical set for Friday ahead of proposed transfer for undisclosed fee

Kieran Richardson is expected to have a medical at Aston Villa on Friday ahead of his proposed transfer for an undisclosed fee.

The 29-year-old had been the subject of interest from West Ham, West Brom and Crystal Palace, but Villa now seem poised to sign him.

Richardson had seemed keen to stay in London following Fulham’s relegation, but the arrival of Roy Keane at Villa Park as Paul Lambert’s number two is believed to have swayed his decision.

Keane was captain of Manchester United when Richardson was emerging through the ranks at Old Trafford, and made him Sunderland’s record signing in 2007 while manager.

Owner Randy Lerner has made it clear to Lambert there will be little funds for new signings in this transfer window.

And the acquisition of the former England midfielder is seen as an astute piece of business due to his versatility that allows him to play left-back, midfield and in an attacking role.

Fulham are still dealing with the financial ramifications of their relegation from the Premier League and will let the former Black Cat midfielder leave for a modest fee.

The news of Richardson’s likely switch to Villa Park will come as a blow to West Brom where he is still fondly remembered after playing an integral role in helping retaining their Premier League status in 2005.

Would you describe him as awful? Because I've never heard anyone describe him as that before he was linked with us today.

Awful in the sense that I don't believe that he will solve any of the problems we have at left-back, yes.

Would you describe him as awful? Because I've never heard anyone describe him as that before he was linked with us today.

Awful in the sense that I don't believe that he will solve any of the problems we have at left-back, yes.

Do you not think he's better (if only marginally) than what we have in that position? Is football not won and lost on tight margins?

I think he's much better than what we have and towards the top end of what I was expecting this summer. What he costs us financially is completely irrelevant to me. I don't know why people get their knickers in such a twist about finances.

Hope he signs.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Like many I sighed when I heard the news.

Having said that again like many have said, that its an improvement to what we've got. It's not a nice position to be in but it's about as good as it gets until Lerner sells. I'll take any improvement to the squad at the moment, it could be worse.

Like many I sighed when I heard the news.

Having said that again like many have said, that its an improvement to what we've got. It's not a nice position to be in but it's about as good as it gets until Lerner sells. I'll take any improvement to the squad at the moment, it could be worse.

Why did you sigh? Bad as they were, Fulham fans are gutted at the news. He's a good player.

What's upset you? Im completely baffled by the reaction to this one.

Well we're a shambles right now so this is the level we're at. I'm not going to praise it because frankly I'm fed up of signing average players but this is the situation our owner has forced on us.

Just accept the shit till we can finally get rid of him.

What kind of signings were people expecting? Too much FM for sure.

Players with experience + very tight budget = Senderos, Cole and Richardson. 

We're adding to the squad with players no worse than we've got now - an improvement I'd say, so I'm not grumbling.

• Like 1

I reckon people are mistaking him for Jermaine Pennant. Now he really he shit. Richardson is a decent enough player. Premier league standard definitely.

Racist.

• Like 2

Do you not think he's better (if only marginally) than what we have in that position?

So margianally that I don't want us wasting resources going for him. He can't defend and was a key member of the worst defence in the division last season. He only looked decent the few times he was played further forward. The rationale behind our manager's newfound Martin O'Neill-esque transfer policy just seems to be that if you are older than what we have, you are therefore a good signing.

Although I'm not inspired by our signings at least they all experienced. They would never lose 8-0 once 4 or 5-0 down.

We never lost by those sort of margains last season anyway though.

Edited by Isa

Â