Kieran Richardson

Nabby

For me the only issue with Richardson, and Hutton as well to an extent, is the amount of times that he has been caught out of position which has lead to a dangerous attack and/or goal. The guy can obviously pass and cross a ball, but I think his days of effectively bombing up and down the line are behind him. Having said that, perhaps the positioning problems are down to the fitness issues that Garde has identified. If not, he just needs an able deputy to sub on later in the game so that we aren't left with huge spaces down the flank...

but Amavi who i respect, can be all kinds of awesome. Has also made at least 4 or 5 bad mistakes, missed tackles, misplaced passes etc. that have led to goals this season. Now while he was solid against City, lets not get carried away that he wasn't often a defensive liability, possibly due to inexperience at this level, possibly due to Sherwood's coaching and tactics.

Doesn't mean he doesn't have everything needed to be a world class player, he may never be anywhere near as good as Bale but he is the player that he reminds me of most, as for at least two seasons or more Bale was woeful defensively at Spurs, always getting subbed off or injured. But luckily he turned out to be ok.

38 minutes ago, jasonperry_uk said:

For me the only issue with Richardson, and Hutton as well to an extent, is the amount of times that he has been caught out of position which has lead to a dangerous attack and/or goal. The guy can obviously pass and cross a ball, but I think his days of effectively bombing up and down the line are behind him. Having said that, perhaps the positioning problems are down to the fitness issues that Garde has identified. If not, he just needs an able deputy to sub on later in the game so that we aren't left with huge spaces down the flank...

Richardson...can pass?

No chance mate.

• Like 3

Richardson isn't a left back end of.He is more of a left sided midfielder ,he has been woeful for Villa ,his positioning is very poor ,teams will be targeting him for sure and he is definitely going to be a weak link if he is playing.

• Like 1

If Okore is fit I'd be happier to see Clark go out there than keep playing Richardson, but we really don't have any great options do we? [emoji20] 

No options are limited ,Cissokho would have been best option but can't be recalled .Bennett is poor aswell

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

First and foremost, he is a midfielder/left midfielder converted to a left back. It's his third position, only played because he is crap at the other two. I appreciate he's filled in there on an off his whole career, but 'filled in.'

Put him in any position you want, he's still utter shite.

One of the worst players to play for us in a long time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Did you think you were in the Cissokho thread mate? ;)

True, he's pretty bad technically too but he's a very solid defender. He also isn't quite as hopeless as Richardson, who you would think has never played football the way he plays with the ball at his feet.

I would like to officially declare the following.

"I, Grasshopper, despite my advancing years do hereby declare myself as being a more capable footballer than Kieran Richardon"

Signed

Grasshopper

I remember a few years back when Kieren cut intside from the left and waltzed through our midfield and created dangerous attacks (at least one goal if I recall correctly).  What happened to him other than age and haircut?

He hasn't shown anything like that playing for us.

He is not great, but he is no where near as bad as everyone makes out to be honest. Perhaps with more organisation and the team clicking better under Remi he may do ok. that said though I think we should prob seriously look at revisiting the 3 -5 - 2.

Guzan

Hutton              Richards              Clarke

Sanchez

Bacuna                                                                   Sinclair

Vertout

Gil                              Grealish

Ayew

Something along those lines.

• Like 1

Â