André Green

sir_gary_cahill

I feel with him that he must have played well in a number of matches that i havent watched, presumably away from home, and that is therefore how he has a decent reputation with the fans. 

From what ive seen of him, he is a bottom of the championship player at very best.

Today he was by far and away our weakest player, and id even go as far as saying a hinderance. An example of that being Abrahams body language to him miskewing a cross first half. It felt as though Tammy knew that was going to happen, and didnt bother getting fully into position. His poor performance is masked by Grealish, Mcginn etc.

First 15 mins of the second half he must have had 8 crosses from that right hand side, 7 of which hit the first man and the other hugely over hit. He doesnt really take on the man either, always turning back to Elmo.

A real shame for me as we all want the one of our own type players to succeed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I feel with him that he must have played well in a number of matches that i havent watched, presumably away from home, and that is therefore how he has a decent reputation with the fans. 

From what ive seen of him, he is a bottom of the championship player at very best.

Today he was by far and away our weakest player, and id even go as far as saying a hinderance. An example of that being Abrahams body language to him miskewing a cross first half. It felt as though Tammy knew that was going to happen, and didnt bother getting fully into position. His poor performance is masked by Grealish, Mcginn etc.

First 15 mins of the second half he must have had 8 crosses from that right hand side, 7 of which hit the first man and the other hugely over hit. He doesnt really take on the man either, always turning back to Elmo.

He did well at Portsmouth, i think that's his level, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by villalad21

Crossing was poor, but outside of that he was good, good on the ball, played some nice passes, including an excellent through ball to McGinn for his chance (where he hit the post), he was aggressive and caused their left back a lot of problems throughout. Plenty to work with.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I think we are talking about a 20 year old who has had multiple injuries, he has played less than 30 games. Surely fans can show a bit of patience and let him develop right? Why even ask to see youngsters if we are not willing to develop them.. ridiculous that some on here are soooo critical of him already.. may aswell scrap youth teams if they are not allowed to play first team football and develop

I'm sorry but i just don't see that much potential in him

• Like 2

I like him a lot and think he has a lot of potential, but he was poor yesterday. Worked hard though, but generally things broke down when he got on the ball.

By no means writing him off though, he's definitely got something, just needs to get in his stride.

9 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

I think we are talking about a 20 year old who has had multiple injuries, he has played less than 30 games. Surely fans can show a bit of patience and let him develop right? Why even ask to see youngsters if we are not willing to develop them.. ridiculous that some on here are soooo critical of him already.. may aswell scrap youth teams if they are not allowed to play first team football and develop

Exactly, folks moan that we are not playing the kids, then when we do they moan that they are not the finished article.

Give him time!

• Haha 1

I definitely see a promising player there. He obviously needs to work on his final ball, but also should take on his man more. He too often takes the easy option. But he is young, has had injuries, and has not played much. I like the fact that when he loses the ball he tries to win it back and I like that he is from our academy. When he came through he was seen as our brightest prospect, if he can be coached to be more aggressive in his attacking movements and learn to cross the ball better I think he'll go on to be a really good player. Only time will tell if that happens.

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I like him a lot and think he has a lot of potential, but he was poor yesterday. Worked hard though, but generally things broke down when he got on the ball.

By no means writing him off though, he's definitely got something, just needs to get in his stride.

Funny how we all see a different game! I definitely think he has a long way to go but yesterday I think he was involved in everything we did going forward. He picked the ball up wide and went past five players to reach a danger area to set up the first goal. Put in a ball that McGinn should have thrown himself at for another goal, teed up McGinn to hit the post, plenty of other times I thought he was dangerous as well. Young, had injuries, needs time, but I think there’s a good player in there. Whether that’s a PL player or not I’m not sure but I think he’s got great potential at this level at least, so I hope he keeps getting a run of games and we can see how he develops. 

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Sorry if i have a controversial opinion, but i think he's a league one player at best.

Not been impressed since he's return

He hasn't played well since his return imo. He takes up and gets into some great positions - but his decision making and passing in the final third has been pretty poor IMO. Lets nots forget he is still very young - and even if he doesn't become the next grealish he can still be an options for us at this level.

Edited by hippo

You tend to find wingers at a young age gave poor decision making, even Sterling for example has been agressively coached by the best manager in the world for 2+ years before finally starting to show some consistency. It's a very difficult position to play. 

Green obviously has the talent and ability, we have seen flashes of it during his time around the senior team and Dean clearly see's that too. We on this froum are too quick to write off players, I remember when posters here wrote off Tuanzabe after a handful of appearances at RB..and look how that is turning out now.

Reserve your judgment, and give the young boy some time to understand the game and grow as a player...wouldn't it be class if he becomes a quality player?

Edited by carewjust4u

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Very poor in a team utterly dominating.

Almost every move breaks down when he gets the ball. He doesn't think he's good enough, zero confidence. I wonder if he might be better away from home.

It won't get easier than that first half for him. Given the ball so many times one-on-one with the full back.

We need him to score in the first minute to get something to spark because he's brought nothing forward from that Sheff Utd goal.

Completely agree - I feet that if he can’t produce a decent/telling performance in a team oozing confidence against a Blackburn team with nothing to play for he won’t find it any easier when it comes down to the real crunch.

Time and time again he has shown he is not willing/confident to beat his man and take the ball on the outside to the by-line. He always looks for the easier pass and cuts inside.

In the second half yesterday we managed to free him up out wide for an opportunity to send in deliveries from promising positions. Time and time again he couldn’t beat the first man and if he did he sent the ball sailing out of play. Whether he is 20 years of age or a seasoned pro I would expect more from a Sunday league player. 

We have shown over the season that we are a team who scores a lot of goals from sending crosses in from out wide hence why it is so frustrating to see the filth that AG displays when crossing as these are real opportunities to score from.

AG only has to look at Tammy yesterday - on a couple of occasions he really drove at the defence on the outside and showed pace and power and had the defenders back peddling. I just wish AG would show some of the same intent.

People try to make the excuse for AG about his age but at present we can’t afford to be carrying passengers.

we are getting away with it for the time being but should we get to the POs we need to be on our game.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2019 at 20:41, turvontour said:

My assessment of his performance too, I really want him to come good but I'm just not seeing it right now. I can't work out what his best position/role is.

He's not got the components to play up top, particularly not in a lone role as we employ, he doesnt seem to have enough pace, trickery and guile to play on the wing and his crossing is not too good, can't see him playing centrally either as his first touch and composure isn't the best. 

Fingers crossed it starts to click for him properly. 

Â