André Green

sir_gary_cahill

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Totally Agree FWIW

Completley agree - he also shows zero composure when crossing and I actually think he makes odd runs to avoid the ball in space such is his lack of confidence.

His strength is non existent and needs to bulk up massively. As I’ve posted previously if we are pinning our hopes on him next season or he is a first 11 starter we are in for a long long season.

I don’t doubt he is a good kid with good attitude who try’s but as of yet I have seen nothing to suggest he can cope at this level. I think people get carried away by the fact he is a local lad.

either way UTV!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Came on and nearly scored with what looked to be a hell of a diving header. He sure is fast. At one point ran through three city players surrounding him, into another player who I thought was going to take that ball off him but he did enough to put it into Mcginns path.

Green is going to be ace down the line..

Edited by Dave-R

He did ok but was very naive at the end. Got the ball on the wing with about 30 seconds to go. All he had to do was knock it down the wing and keep it and we see the game out. Instead he cut inside, lost the ball and Blues launched one more attack. 

Had they scored from that we'd be livid with Green.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He did ok but was very naive at the end. Got the ball on the wing with about 30 seconds to go. All he had to do was knock it down the wing and keep it and we see the game out. Instead he cut inside, lost the ball and Blues launched one more attack. 

Had they scored from that we'd be livid with Green.

I was furious. I am nothing if not a football romantic, but you need an element og cynicism to close out wins. Boot it out for a goal kick and game over, three points. 

Apart from that, I think he did alright.

Patiance, game time and coaching he needs.  I think Smith is using him well not ready to start games imo, I think he will kick next season has an eye for goal gets into good positions , looks lost and naive at times but cant fault his effort ,you can tell he wants to make his mark on a game but gets caught in two minds between doing the safe steady stuff and being more adventurous. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Patiance, game time and coaching he needs.  I think Smith is using him well not ready to start games imo, I think he will kick next season has an eye for goal gets into good positions , looks lost and naive at times but cant fault his effort ,you can tell he wants to make his mark on a game but gets caught in two minds between doing the safe steady stuff and being more adventurous. 

I agree Master Yoda

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

clearly a decent player in my opinon,.quick,  can take people on, gives decent energy  and if used rightly (or he uses his skills right) can be a real threat to opposing sides. I have said this before that he should be watching videos of the likes of Mbappe, salah, Mane and sterling to see the kind of movement they provide and the sort of runs they make and he could be the real deal. He has all the raw attributes but they need an awful lot of work currently but i genuinly believe he can be a star for us.

Edited by punkiller1981

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The invisible man.

Totally anonymous tonight.

Completely agree - first half he gave the ball away so sloppily near the touchline - this led to a period of prolonged possession from Forest which they could have scored from.

I feel like he goes hiding and really fills me with no confidence. Was very surprised to see him start. I wish all Villa players the best but can’t see what he really offers. He’s not even that quick.

hes very sloppy with the ball and not much strength. Ahwel we won! UP THE VILLA

Edited by Mark_1989

I think he's physically recovered but not mentally yet.

He was down for ages with that shoulder wasn't he? Might do him good to realise he can get through it.

Generally play is average at best currently. If only Kodjia had his desire.

He's bulking up a bit too, somebody check to ensure he knows that Gabby is NOT a suitable role model for footballers or any athlete for that matter.

Seemed a yard or two off the pace tonight (being kind) but he's learning and has massive potential given the raw attributes he possesses.

Let's hope he turns into another Ashley Young rather than Gabby mk2..

Â