André Green

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, sidcow said:

Yes he is doing more than Adomah out there which is what you questioned. 

So you are unable to add to the debate by providing any real insight into your thoughts that Green does more. Typical. What's the point of you being on this forum if your not going to add to debate?

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

So you are unable to add to the debate by providing any real insight into your thoughts that Green does more. Typical. What's the point of you being on this forum if your not going to add to debate?

My, you're a fiery one, chill out bud.  A couple of people disagree with your views on Green v the other "wingers" that's life. 

I've managed to accumulate over 6,000 posts on this site without anyone querying if I should be contributing to this forum. 

He came back from a loan and instantly looked like a player, 3 matches in and his confidence is shot to shit and he doesn't play well.

It's just a huge problem for us that the entire squad struggles with confidence, except Tammy I guess. The place must be toxic as nothing else. 

He scored the other day, for one thing. 

The point is that he's a young player with potential and he needs time, support and encouragement to get to the level we want him to be.

Sneering and deriding him are pointless things to do. How does it help him or us exactly?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My, you're a fiery one, chill out bud.  A couple of people disagree with your views on Green v the other "wingers" that's life. 

I've managed to accumulate over 6,000 posts on this site without anyone querying if I should be contributing to this forum. 

With that many posts, I'd assume you were a well respected contributor and I'd therefore be interested in your views. All you can reply though is one word answers, which makes me think you can't back up your opinion with an thought. Not sure posting on a forum 6000 times is something to be immensely proud of either...

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He scored the other day, for one thing. 

The point is that he's a young player with potential and he needs time, support and encouragement to get to the level we want him to be.

Sneering and deriding him are pointless things to do. How does it help him or us exactly?

He scored. So has Whelan, hutton, jedonak, bjarnasson etc in their time here. What exactly about his play makes you think he has potential?

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He scored. So has Whelan, hutton, jedonak, bjarnasson etc in their time here. What exactly about his play makes you think he has potential?

Pace, strength, decent enough with the ball at his feet, passing and crossing aren't and can be worked on.

Players are not the finished article at 20 or even 23 in a lot of cases. He excelled at youth level and can be a good player for us if he is treated correctly. 

Why shouldn't we support him?

• Like 3

Just now, lexicon said:

Pace, strength, decent enough with the ball at his feet, passing and crossing aren't and can be worked on.

Players are not the finished article at 20 or even 23 in a lot of cases. He excelled at youth level and can be a good player for us if he is treated correctly. 

Why shouldn't we support him?

Pace yes.

Strength - constantly getting bullied off the ball. 

Terrible first touch and loses the ball continuously. You're right that things can be worked on, but have we not been doing this since he broke into the first team squad? With absolutely zero improvement shown, time to get rid. 

While he is in a villa shirt i'll support him, but I think he is an awful footballer and he hampers our ability to win games when he is on the pitch.

He has ability but I'm not sure his natural position moving forward is going to be out wide. 

Every single time he receives the ball his first instinct is to cut back inside. At first I put this down to him being a young guy with little first team experience, taking the safe option if you like rather than backing himself to beat the fullback, but the more I watch him don't think it's down to that at all. 

There are times when the full backs have been pulled inside, he has huge open spaces on the outside to drive into and his first thought is still to cut back in.

I don't watch youth football so I can't comment on his positioning at younger age groups but he simply doesn't look like a winger to me, maybe more of a 2nd striker? 

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

With absolutely zero improvement shown, time to get rid. 

While he is in a villa shirt i'll support him, but I think he is an awful footballer and he hampers our ability to win games when he is on the pitch.

Ermmm..

57 minutes ago, av1 said:

He has ability but I'm not sure his natural position moving forward is going to be out wide. 

Every single time he receives the ball his first instinct is to cut back inside. At first I put this down to him being a young guy with little first team experience, taking the safe option if you like rather than backing himself to beat the fullback, but the more I watch him don't think it's down to that at all. 

There are times when the full backs have been pulled inside, he has huge open spaces on the outside to drive into and his first thought is still to cut back in.

I don't watch youth football so I can't comment on his positioning at younger age groups but he simply doesn't look like a winger to me, maybe more of a 2nd striker? 

Totally Agree FWIW

I loved his two nutmegs in the first half, hacked down both times. Hope he builds up his confidence and kicks on. Great ability, huge potential, local lad and still only 20.

I think he is a out and out winger, in the 4-3-3 he plays the wide forward role, I think he does it well, but I prefer to have proper wide forwards in that role, not wingers. 

Â