André Green

sir_gary_cahill

I've watched Andre Green come up from the academy over the years and he has reasonable pace and technical ability .... He has the desire, but sadly what he lacks is "balls"! I would like to have put that more gently, but without a "McGinn" transplant in the 'guts' area he's always going to come up just short.

Apologies for dissing a good footballer and a nice lad, but I'm giving my honest opinion. 

Could have had a couple of assists today with the ball in for tammy’s saved shot and the cross for mcginn’s header.

Decent performance - room for improvement but then there’s room for improvement in all of our wingers at the moment. 

I think I’d give him a run of games. He’s looking more dangerous than Adomah and roughly on a par with El Ghazi in my opinion.

• Like 2

Thought he played well and looked a threat on a number of occasions. Genuinely surprised at the amount of negative comments about his performance. I think he'll only continue to improve given the game time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Thought he played well and looked a threat on a number of occasions. Genuinely surprised at the amount of negative comments about his performance. I think he'll only continue to improve given the game time.

Same and I'm disappointed to see the trend of not supporting our young players is continuing. 

In terms of involvement, I thought he got stuck in and it turns out he had more passes than McGinn last night (and a higher pass accuracy), as well as more than both El Ghazi and Adomah combined. I'm not saying he was better than SJM but trying to counter some of the unfair criticism that has come his way. 

2 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

I really like Andre Green. Always have. He is pacy, takes players on and has a nice drop of the shoulder. Decent aerial ability and can shoot. I think he is underrated. 

I’d actually question his pace. The ball was played over the top yesterday and he was in chase with defender. Looked average to me. Was slightly dissapointed that he couldn’t get clear.

The wide men have been the weak link since our defence improved.

Adomah was terrible and el ghazi was also average at best.

Green at the moment just seems a mix of the 2, not poor but not reliably good either.

He seems to try little passes where crossing would be the better option, crosses where passes would be better and doesn't have that acceleration you would imagine he would have.

Hes done more than adomah for the last few weeks, I'm shocked at just how lazy Albert appears now. 

Green was on fire in preseason and I hope he discovers that confidence as we need big performances from now till the last ball kicked at the end of our season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

I’d actually question his pace. The ball was played over the top yesterday and he was in chase with defender. Looked average to me. Was slightly dissapointed that he couldn’t get clear.

Yeah normally he looks quick to me though... maybe his shoulder injury hampered him slightly? Showed nice tenacity though to keep the ball.

9 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've watched Andre Green come up from the academy over the years and he has reasonable pace and technical ability .... He has the desire, but sadly what he lacks is "balls"! I would like to have put that more gently, but without a "McGinn" transplant in the 'guts' area he's always going to come up just short.

Apologies for dissing a good footballer and a nice lad, but I'm giving my honest opinion. 

You didn't watch the derby on Sunday?

1 hour ago, Didiersix said:

Yeah normally he looks quick to me though... maybe his shoulder injury hampered him slightly? Showed nice tenacity though to keep the ball.

Possibly yeah - was convinced he would be forced off at half time in truth.

I thought he had broken his collar bone tbh the way he reacted to the fall - talking from experience of breaking it 3 times not a pleasant injury. Fortunately he seems ok.

Kept going till the end , good fitness levels . I think his touch will come good with more game time as he does.look a little nervous at times. Linked up well with Jack a few times , guess he has played more with him and understands how Jack plays 

Reminds me a bit of Allbrighton when he started to break through . 

Think he will come good, plus he's  bound to score the winner at Wembley 😉

Hate to be a Debbie downer on such a good performance/result but I thought Greene was garbage today for the most part.

Weve got the makings of a really strong team now and for the run in its vital that we’re not carrying anyone but I think his level of play is below par. Whilst we are winning do we change the team? But in the long run he is nowhere near good enough.

Personally if we can get JK fired up and willing to do the work defensively I’d have him in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Hate to be a Debbie downer on such a good performance/result but I thought Greene was garbage today for the most part.

Weve got the makings of a really strong team now and for the run in its vital that we’re not carrying anyone but I think his level of play is below par. Whilst we are winning do we change the team? But in the long run he is nowhere near good enough.

Agreed. I just don't see it with the kid, however:

4 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Personally if we can get JK fired up and willing to do the work defensively I’d have him in.

I spot a flaw with your plan.

On 14/03/2019 at 10:37, Delphinho123 said:

You could probably put all three of our wingers names in a hat before the game and just pull 2 out and say, ‘you two are starting today’.

Theyre all bang average. Occasionally one has a good game. 

We do need a good aggressive winger, who can take the game to the opposition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Yes unfortunately he wasn't great today. Never really beat his man and lost the ball countless times.

Not sure what to make of Green yet.

His ball control lets him down and subsequently puts doubt in his mind.

needs to work on his game.

Edited by TRO

I've said it before but I just don't believe he is a winger. Even when there is space outside he always wants to cut inside, I can't recall one single occasion when he has driven forward and beat a fullback down the line. 

@sir_gary_cahill where did this kid play at youth level? He looks like someone that wants to play off a striker to me rather than on the wing. 

Â