André Green

sir_gary_cahill

17 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He is 20 years old, and is starting for a side that can get promoted to the premier league. He has a lot to still learn, but he looks like he can be a really good player. 

I think you are correct, I’ve said it before on here but I’ll say it again, I think if he stays injury free, he can become as important as Grealish is for us 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you are correct, I’ve said it before on here but I’ll say it again, I think if he stays injury free, he can become as important as Grealish is for us 

I really like Andre Green but... dude. I think he has the potential to be a good wide forward, if not a winger as such. Which is a bit of a niche, but useful weapon. He strikes the ball so cleanly, I'm surprised nobody has gone hang on maybe this kid is a striker. 

I know I know, this is what you do and we love you for it! He is a good footballer but his ceiling is probably average Premier League winger? Which whilst a nice ceiling to have, Grealish's ceiling is Champions League winner IMO. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I really like Andre Green but... dude. I think he has the potential to be a good wide forward, if not a winger as such. Which is a bit of a niche, but useful weapon. He strikes the ball so cleanly, I'm surprised nobody has gone hang on maybe this kid is a striker. 

I know I know, this is what you do and we love you for it! He is a good footballer but his ceiling is probably average Premier League winger? Which whilst a nice ceiling to have, Grealish's ceiling is Champions League winner IMO. 

I think you have phrased that well

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

He's young, could go along way, no one knows how his game will improve but getting promoted could be the difference between Green being good and green being a fantastic player.

I think some who say he will be an average premier player are severly underestimating green, he has that potential.

14 hours ago, Dave-R said:

He's young, could go along way, no one knows how his game will improve but getting promoted could be the difference between Green being good and green being a fantastic player.

I think some who say he will be an average premier player are severly underestimating green, he has that potential.

I think you're underestimating how good an average Premier League winger is. 

I really dont see what the hype is about.  We have better currently.  He gets the ball and you think great, he is going to start running at 100mph and leave everyone in his dust.  Nope never happens, joggs with the ball and his main attribute is gone.

He also gives the ball away far to easy and his crossings are awful.  

A player his age, i wouldnt rule out, but at this current moment in time he shouldnt be getting a game.

Green is just too timid. His delivery is shite and he doesn't have the confidence to cut inside. He takes too long to decide what to do with the ball and goes missing for most of the game. I don't rate him at all from what I've seen this season. I know it seems like I'm having a go here, but I honestly want him to do well for us.

• Like 1

Unless he can knock the ball past the defender and beat him in a foot race he just doesn’t seem to be able to get past his man. Problem is Adomah is even worse and Kodjia can’t be guaranteed to fulfil is defensive duties. Only having one really good winger is the biggest weakness in our squad right now.

• Like 3

Just now, av1 said:

Awful again. We have to go with Kodjia, Tammy El Ghazi in the play offs. 

That will expose us too much defensively. I would play Adomah since he does have a goal in him and he tracks back. Hard choices though.

Guest av1
Just now, osmark86 said:

That will expose us too much defensively. I would play Adomah since he does have a goal in him and he tracks back. Hard choices though.

Fair point. 

Â