André Green

sir_gary_cahill

• 2 weeks later...

Caught that volley so sweetly, not an easy thing to do, get power on a ball gently dropping out the sky.  

Great save to be fair. 

Got a dangerous cross back to Grealish, who I think did ok, but maybe could have gone high and hard, rather than trying the pass it into the net with 2 or 3 players on the line. 

He obviously has talent...and I think he probably shows it in training where he feels comfortable. At VP he seems to have frail confidence. Case in point was the one on one he had and took too many touches before getting a shot off. He doesn't back himself enough. 

• Like 1

He's a good athlete, gets into very good positions and I think a good goal threat because he's good at shooting. However his passing/ crossing is borderline abysmal far too often and it's an area he really needs to improve and get more consistency in.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Yet again his crossing yesterday was absolutely woeful - did really well to beat his man early on then put in a disgusting cross.

I hate having to put a downer on things but really at this level must be a lot better. Granted AA has been poor also but I really have zero faith in AG. If you watch closely he started to move in field when Elmo had the ball as to go hiding as I feel he has zero confidence running with ball at his feet down the wings.

Would have loved for his volley to go in as he really needs a confidence builder but I see nothing in him - Davies on the other hand brings a lot more to the party. Either way UTV

Still meh for me.

Yeah he caught the volley well but planted it straight at the keeper, seemed to lose his bearings on goal when he shot from an angle (following a poor first touch), crossing was still not there but he's not alone in that department.

When he came on, the first thing he did was a nice little flick-trick over the oncoming defender to set himself free down the line, I thought to myself sweet, maybe the penny's dropped but no, I don't think he even attempted to take on another player, I am sure it's a confidence thing but how we get him up to spec is beyond me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's a good athlete, gets into very good positions and I think a good goal threat because he's good at shooting. However his passing/ crossing is borderline abysmal far too often and it's an area he really needs to improve and get more consistency in.

Good at shooting? He had one clean volley, from what I’ve seen he’s fairly poor. Scored a nice strike last year but more often than not his efforts are tame.

2 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Good at shooting? He had one clean volley, from what I’ve seen he’s fairly poor. Scored a nice strike last year but more often than not his efforts are tame.

I believe he is, I've seem him have a number of good shots for us, obviously hasn't scored many but I've seen him hit the woodwork and test the keeper. He has decent technique with either foot.

• Like 1

His crossing is poor because he isn't strictly a winger. Unlike Uncle Albert who is just as guilty at pumping in shite crosses, it's not his game and it's never been his game. He is a left sided player, he wants to come inside, link up play and get in the box and get shots off.

If whoscored is correct he only has 14 league starts for us. He could easily have half a dozen goals on that return. It took him an age to get his first but was incredibly unlucky before that. Was getting into great positions and rattling posts from left foot, right foot and diving headers.

• Like 2

Thought he was lively when he came on and made us more of a threat from both sides. Beat his man a couple of times with a neat first touch do get in good positions. Squared a ball for Grealish who should have done better. Needs to work a lot on his crossing and passing and he loses the ball to easy sometimes, but I genuinely dont understand so many fans are ready to write him and declare he's not good enough. AA is better at keeping the ball but thats also often cause he picks the easy option.   

I would give him time. El Ghazi on the other side looked very shaky at first but after a decent run in the team is now looking very tidy. Lets hope Green takes the chance in the next few games because as sure as eggs is eggs we need to strengthen the wings this summer - whatever league we end up in.

Thankfully, the fans at the matches are fully behind him. He isnt a wonderkid but theres a player there, and while there's only really Adomah to compete with, he's going to play and rightly so.

Played well yesterday and could have scored a blinder. Gets harsher criticism than he deserves to my mind and I don't get it.

• Like 1

He's improving. Best his man a few times. Close to getting either a goal or assist. For every game he looks a bit better.

There was a lot more happening down the right side when he came on. Then It was during the time Adomah was on. 

I think there is a lot more to come from him. 

14 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Thankfully, the fans at the matches are fully behind him. He isnt a wonderkid but theres a player there, and while there's only really Adomah to compete with, he's going to play and rightly so.

Played well yesterday and could have scored a blinder. Gets harsher criticism than he deserves to my mind and I don't get it.

I don’t get it either. I was really impressed with him. 

7 hours ago, Skruff said:

He's improving. Best his man a few times. Close to getting either a goal or assist. For every game he looks a bit better.

There was a lot more happening down the right side when he came on. Then It was during the time Adomah was on. 

I think there is a lot more to come from him. 

For sure. He needs game time to get his confidence there and work out his place in the team. He's definitely more of an inside forward than a winger though, as he's not a natural crosser of the ball but poses a goal threat. 

On 24/04/2019 at 08:29, lexicon said:

For sure. He needs game time to get his confidence there and work out his place in the team. He's definitely more of an inside forward than a winger though, as he's not a natural crosser of the ball but poses a goal threat. 

His crossing is his worst attribute which is really frustrating to watch. He'd be really dangerous in this league if he could sort that aspect out. El Mohamady, El Ghazi, Adomah - all superior in that area. 

Not sure he'll ever go higher than this level though. Love to be proved wrong as he seems like he has a good attitude and a sensible head. 

Â