André Green

sir_gary_cahill

On 06/04/2019 at 15:19, ramshackler said:

Just don't see a player in Green. Looks terrified that the ball will come to him and when it does looks to have zero confidence he can beat a man

He's young 20 years old, needs game time and without won't shine. Smith obviously sees something in him that you and others do not I see a very talented player, very capable and in time will be ace.

It does my head in when people don't give the youth a chance, it doesn't just happen for them straight away and it's a heck of a road for a youth. 

Is it me that is the only one that isn't missing something here but Mcginns goal wouldn't of been if it wasn't for Green making it to Tyrone's long ball (which was over hit) and sliding to pass it to Mcginn. The rate in which Greene ran for that where many a PLAYER would of given up and not wasted there energy, well let's just say he got the assist and was part of making that goal happen. I don't think Adomah would of ran for that kind of ball green did. Green as been on the end of a few good attempts which shows he can get into very good positions and in time his finishing will come good.

He could be absoloutly brilliant down the line and is already showing signs of being a very good winger for us.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I see his shortfalls......but we have to persevere with him.

i think there is something there, but needs to improve......game time will help him.

He needs to work on individual shortfalls and improve incrementally.....if he is dedicated to it....it will come.

I am pretty sure if you read back through the Jack Grealish thread you will find an almost identical post to this from me in there. 

He's probably a year behind where Jack was at 20 though because of his injuries. 

That said I am still not sure about him.  Next season will tell us much more though.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am pretty sure if you read back through the Jack Grealish thread you will find an almost identical post to this from me in there. 

He's probably a year behind where Jack was at 20 though because of his injuries. 

That said I am still not sure about him.  Next season will tell us much more though.

Disagree with this. Green is improving very slowly with each game and eventually he will become more consistent. He is not even in the same breath as a 20 yo grealish let alone only a year behind. Jack tore Liverpool to shreds in the fa cup semi at 19. Green is still having trouble controlling the ball with accuracy for his first touch. I would rather have Albert playing for the run in, even though I don't think Albert would have got that assist for Mcginn. Tough one.

It’s funny how differently we see players, I think it’s worth remembering that Green is only 20 years old, it feels like he’s been around for ages. For me, if he stays fit, he can become as important as Grealish is to us now, I think he’s that good

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Disagree with this. Green is improving very slowly with each game and eventually he will become more consistent. He is not even in the same breath as a 20 yo grealish let alone only a year behind. Jack tore Liverpool to shreds in the fa cup semi at 19. Green is still having trouble controlling the ball with accuracy for his first touch. I would rather have Albert playing for the run in, even though I don't think Albert would have got that assist for Mcginn. Tough one.

Haha 

I'm in the meh category, I'm not sure hes a winger.

He doesn't have the burst of shear pace to beat a man nor the silky skills to beat a man and his passing and control isnt yet good enough. Yes he is 20 but I expect more.

Inside forward looks more of a position I could see him in.

Not quite there yet, but yesterday was a tough one and I think he and El ghazi both battled hard with litttle success. Thought his assist was magnificent. He hadn’t given it up as the Wednesday defender had and that attitude will serve him well.

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he can emulate Grealish and become as important to us as him, I think he’s that good

How many other current youth players do you think we have that are as good as Grealish? 15? 20?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he can emulate Grealish and become as important to us as him, I think he’s that good

I think it's great a young player like Green has some continuity and gets his chance, but your support of our youths just loses all credibility when you hype them to the absurd. There's absolutely nothing that suggests he will ever be as good as Grealish in anything. It doesn't mean he won't have a good career, but lets just stay a tad realistic. You are doing them no favours at all. 

He had one good cross. But you can't go on and say he had a good game because he had 1 good cross. You have to look at his overall performance which i thought once again was poor.

20 to me is not that young, at that age you have to show more on the pitch than what he is doing.

He's got something. Im desperately rooting for him but he hasnt got back to where he was before he got injured a year or so ago. Not yet anyway.

The jury is still out on him for me. He's doing OK. Not ready to laud him or write him off. He is getting slightly harsh criticism though I think. That effort to get to the byline and pull it back first time for McGinn was 1st class.

But yes, we need to see more consistency.

I understand and in principle, agree with everyone saying we need to stick with him as he is young and so on.

I am just GENUINELY worried that again, when margins are fine, he could cost us.

That being said, he could also produce a moment like the assist for McGinn, and pop up with the odd wondergoal so.

Tough one.

• Like 1

Â