André Green

sir_gary_cahill

Hopefully it's the making of him.  Maybe he got a bit stale waiting for his chance here, and he has shown that he's a little rough around the edges but with definite ability.  A good season in League One for what appears to be a promotion-chasing Pompey could do him wonders.  No point in him rotting here for another season behind what's on our wings.

• Like 3

Think we all thought this would be his season to really push on but we've signed 2 new wingers and having him sit on our bench then come on for 20 minutes or so won't do his development any good. He's also too good for U23 football now.

Moving to one of the better sides in League 1 where he'll hopefully play a decent amount is the best move for him. 

• Like 2

A season long loan then, so that will be no recall option then.

Good luck André, hopefully will do well there and come back next summer a better player.

My gut feeling is that we may have seen the last of Green in the Villa first team, and that this is to put him in the window for sale.

One if the few players we have with genuine pace. Thought Bruce wanted energy and pace in the team with younger legs?.....sorry, that’s what the OWNERS want, Bruce reverts to type yet again. 

• Haha 1

Good loan for him, he definitely needs football.

He should be getting that here, there are more than enough games and more than enough minutes and more than enough substitutions here to give him a chance to get his fitness back and fight for his place.

Instead we have some old duffer like Albert taking the piss, who will be gone in 12 months time. Super.

Sorry but he's been dire when he's had time on the pitch so far this season, against Brentford he could barely stop from tripping himself over every time he ran with the ball. 

Looks bereft of confidence and with Bolasie and El Ghazi signed his chances would be limited. 

Shame as I thought he'd come good

• Like 1

Glad he’ll be getting some game time and hopefully he’ll come back stronger, but can’t help feeling like this is gonna prove to be a mistake somehow. 

Good luck Andre.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

36 minutes ago, eholm said:

One if the few players we have with genuine pace. Thought Bruce wanted energy and pace in the team with younger legs?.....sorry, that’s what the OWNERS want, Bruce reverts to type yet again. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Green run past a full back, I’d wager Adomah, Bolasie and El Ghazi are all quicker than him.

He’s probably been the most unimpressive of any our youth players that’s broken into the first team the past few years. Move suits all parties, he needs games and we can’t afford to carry him

• Like 1

Â