André Green

sir_gary_cahill

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Didn't look at the races. But he is still coming back from a long time out. Look at Kodjia before the last couple of games. It affects players.

I wouldn't be writing him off yet. 

I'm not writing him off, but i didn't see much at the start of last season and I'm not seeing anything so far in this. He may well turn into a good little player, but my worry is that Adomah and even Elmo seem to be ahead of him in the pecking order, and thats before the 2 new lads come in (assuming we get Bolasie over the line). 

So i wonder if given that he probably won't get to many chances, if maybe a loan would do him good? 

Edit. If we bring in Abraham aswell, Kodjia could also be used on the left. I don't see him getting enough minutes to improve. 

Coming back from the injury he had, he's going to need at least half a season to get back up and running. Needs time, but with two new wingers coming in not sure he will get it here right now.

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Barely played first team football in what, a year? Let's give him a bit of time eh.

Not just that but winger is an awful position. You are either great or shit no in between

Think he needs a loan. Hes struggling in the Championship at the minute. Not sure he will get much game time. Especially if we sign Abraham. Could see Kodjia being used left with Bolasie.. Right Adomah and El Ghazi. Kodjia also rotating with Abraham. 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Needs games, but would not loan him out as we’ll need him this season, great option from bench.

The problem is, if we do need him we’d be expecting good stuff from a kid who won’t have played the games he needs to develop. Bit of a catch 22 I guess, but on balance with new wide men coming in I’d loan him out. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Needs games, but would not loan him out as we’ll need him this season, great option from bench.

I have seen nothing from this player to suggest he is even an option, never mind a great one. This is not a player who will be making it at Aston Villa so loan him out or sell him as he won't be playing for the first team for much longer.

• Like 1

I've always liked him.......but, oh dear, he was miles off the pace.

He needs to go out on loan.

He should be showing signs of the intensity and willingness of the Brentford players like Ollie Watkins and Maupay.

No where near.

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

I have seen nothing from this player to suggest he is even an option, never mind a great one. This is not a player who will be making it at Aston Villa so loan him out or sell him as he won't be playing for the first team for much longer.

Sadly, I agree.

There needs to be much more proactivity from this player to encourage me.....not even challenging for high balls ....Meh.

Thought some of the Brentford intensity would have rubbed off on him....not so, looked lethargic.

11 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Most worrying he didn't track the players runs

He never does.....He doesn't look mentally on the same page as the rest of the team.

I think we need to give the kid a break. Its not easy coming into a high intensity game off the bench like that. Yes he was bad but lets keep using him. Get his confidence up. I still have high hopes for him.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TRO said:

Sadly, I agree.

There needs to be much more proactivity from this player to encourage me.....not even challenging for high balls ....Meh.

Thought some of the Brentford intensity would have rubbed off on him....not so, looked lethargic.

I think you have to expect him to put in more effort, he's a quick player and his pace would have been useful in terms of putting their backline under pressure but he didn't really bother. On top of that you expect him to get the basics right, such as a decent first touch, whereas he was taking poor touches and losing the ball.

It wasn't good enough, the lack of effort was really the one for me, OK his confidence might be low, but that doesn't excuse him not closing them down quickly. Like I say, I think he has talent and can contribute but abject cameos lacking in effort are not acceptable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think you have to expect him to put in more effort, he's a quick player and his pace would have been useful in terms of putting their backline under pressure but he didn't really bother. On top of that you expect him to get the basics right, such as a decent first touch, whereas he was taking poor touches and losing the ball.

It wasn't good enough, the lack of effort was really the one for me, OK his confidence might be low, but that doesn't excuse him not closing them down quickly. Like I say, I think he has talent and can contribute but abject cameos lacking in effort are not acceptable.

I couldn't agree more.....The frustration for me is....He can be everything Ollie Watkins is.

Just seemed like lack of effort as you say.

Bruce has been given alot of stick from fans including myself, for not given our youth more chances.  I can clearly see now our youth isn't up to it as yet.  Massive step up to senior football even if you look a world beater at underage.  

He was very frustrating to watch last night, he fluffed his lines when introduced. However, he's got talent, a good shot and goals in him. He does something I wish Grealish would do more often and pulls the trigger from the edge of the box but in the relatively short time he was on last night, he didn't do himself any favours.

On other occasions in the future he'll come off the bench and win games for us, I'm sure.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Why would he be low on confidence. Played lots of games and scored some goals in pre season. Generally looked pretty good. I do wonder whether he would be better off loaned out and used as a striker rather than a winger. 

He's good enough to make a contribution to the squad this season, but I do wonder if we might be better served loaning him out so he develops. I still think he is an excellent prospect but he desperately needs games. I've no doubt another Championship side would delighted to have him.

• Like 1

Think he would tear it up at a league one club. A loan might do him good. Looks a bit nervy at them minute with us, almost too conscious of the fact that he needs to take his chance and he's not relaxing and just playing. Thought at yeovil he fell over himself and left the ball behind a few times too. Talented player. Not quite ready. The players who tend to start playing lower league football at a young age as opposed to a few years playing u23s seem to step up to championship football easier. Ollie Watkins looks a step ahead of Green at this point. Played a ton with Exeter too i think. Mitch Clark doing the right thing at the minute.

Â