André Green

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

I missed that, but you are correct. A quick google later and a two year deal was signed last March.

Absolute crap these apps are  NeilS it's when i am looking for bosman's/free transfers as scout to produce to my club on say Transfermarkt it is never updated quickly either haha and sometimes months out of date.

Need to probably do more Google searches on "Player name and contract renewal" is a safer bet :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Absolute crap these apps are  NeilS it's when i am looking for bosman's/free transfers as scout to produce to my club on say Transfermarkt it is never updated quickly either haha and sometimes months out of date.

Need to probably do more Google searches on "Player name and contract renewal" is a safer bet :D

I haven’t ever used the apps, I was relying purely on my memory which is even worse. ?

The google search and @Zatman saves the day again. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I haven’t ever used the apps, I was relying purely on my memory which is even worse. ?

The google search and @Zatman saves the day again. 

Sure we make a fine team guys ;) the opposite of Aston Villa tonight :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Ive only just heard that we're sending him out on loan. I assumed it was bollocks but it appears we've gone mad.

It's not 'mad' to loan out a young player, hardly in great form, who isn't even second choice for his preferred position. 

• Like 2

I would never have agreed to this before but seeing how woeful he has been since coming back I think  this move could be good for him to get his confidence back.

But there better be a recall option with injuries.  This also confirms to me we will stick with the hopeless adomah

• Like 1

It's a shame as I thought he'd be pushing for the first team this season. The injury has set him back, and the new signings in his position must mean he's down the pecking order.

Disappointing that we have to loan him out, but I can see the sense in it. Game time will help him more than warming our bench.

I had also hoped that this would be a big season for Andre and it still can be. Portsmouth are doing well down there and he will get the games with them that he needs. I am sure that he will come back to us feeling confident and fighting fit. What I don't want is for us to be using a loan as a prelude to a sale as we have with other young players in the past (who could in some cases have done a job for us now) because he's very much one for our future.  

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's not 'mad' to loan out a young player, hardly in great form, who isn't even second choice for his preferred position. 

I say it is. Who is in form? Nobody. Its time to give him a run in the team instead of Adomah and Elmo isnt a winger. Let's see what he can do. Bolassie won't be ready for a while apparently.

Green was playing great last season before his injury. He needs games here.

I'm torn on this. Regular playing time could do him the world of good, but with Bolasie still some way of full fitness and Adomah woefully out of form, it doesn't leave us with many back up options on tbe wing. I guess if we bring a striker in Kodjia is also an option. 

He needs games and we need to go up. Unless he's making a difference when he comes on, those two criteria seem to be exclusive to each other. He hasn't been making a difference and looks some way off his best performances. A loan till January at least is a great option, maybe even a full season depending on how we're doing by then.

• Like 1

Â