André Green

sir_gary_cahill

I would add that there were a number of times that he was looking to burst down the line into acres of space if only the player on the ball had the smallest amount of vision,  only to have to check his run and receive the usual Villa ball slightly behind his wide position. 

I think with a half decent creative midfielder he could cause havoc. 

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't realise he was only 18. Let's not get carried away, but given his inexperience that's remarkable. 

He looks lean, tricky and quick to me, he was doubled up on yesterday and managed to wriggle through a few times. 

Well done Andre.  

• Like 2

Was the first time I've seen him play and thought ahhhhh, I get it. Best player on the park in my opinion, which genuinely surprised me and I'm delighted for him and us. 

If he can stay consistent with that level of ability, he might well make it. Physically he looks streets ahead of where he was only a few months back. He looks like a footballer. 

Side note - shocking miss, but he didn't let it get to him. 

• Like 3

On 21/01/2017 at 22:12, HanoiVillan said:

At home he should probably start on that performance. He's possibly a bit too lightweight to be starting away from home for me. 

Really? I thought he looked able physically. 

I know modern wingers are generally a lot tougher than even way way back, but I didn't think he looked 'lightweight'. He was more built like one, but in a good way. 

I've gone on and on about our inability to link midfield and attack being our biggest problem.

Playing 4-4-2 against Wolves, for example, we had Adomah who had an off game on one wing and Bacuna who is awful at football on the other and two defensive midfielders in the middle. Absolutely nobody to link the play to the forward men leaving us to hoof for eternity.

We went from that, to yesterday where we had Adomah on a good day, Green putting in a good performance, Grealish behind the striker and a new central midfielder who can actually play football.

Suddenly those links from back to front were there again and surprise surprise, we looked pretty good going forward for an hour.

Effectively feed strikers and you'll score goals. Green was a big part of that yesterday. I think he's earned himself a run in the team.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It's hard to believe that he's only 18 years old and he's putting in performances like this. I think he's earned himself a run in the team, long may it continue

This, he's clearly got a lot of potential. Good technical ability and a natural athlete - just needs to keep his head down and keep progressing as a player. 

• Like 1

Â