André Green

sir_gary_cahill

He will get better and better.....He is starting to believe in himself and look dangerous.

if that shot had of gone in......we would have been swamped with scouts at the next match.

I think we have a good un.

• Like 3

André Green‏ @AndreGreen_

Dream come true hearing the Holte end sing my name tonight 2 wins on the bounce also p.s whens the woodwork going to let me score #avfc

Twitter

How refreshing to see this young man take the opportunity he's being given and really having a go at it. A few games ago I was critical of his defensive side of the game but, eating humble pie now because I was being harsh in him. Andre is still only 18 and has a lot to learn and still needs to develop into a first team regular, that's when it will be fairer to judge his overall game. 

Well done so far and so happy for him to be making such an impact. It's even more pleasing knowing that he is one of our own. I also think Andre's plaudits and performances might just be the kick up the arse that Jack Grealish needs to make him fulfil his potential. Let's hope so. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

Going slightly off topic, are the creation of gifs like the above one legal? If so, maybe some of the knowledgeable and kind folks on here could start up a thread and add a few highlight gifs for each game, for the benefit of those who are unable to see them - such as the overseas fans. 

Just an idea to try to help our overseas fans see the action.

35 minutes ago, meme said:

Hopefully we don't do what we've basically done for the past ten years and sell all our decent prospects for a pittance of their true value.

Ah c'mon! The Randyman had gone, just don't say his name five times in the mirror though....

• Like 1

A very good, positive contribution tonight and I was desperately sorry for him that his shot, a real beau, didn't go in. Even more sorry for him that he had to struggle off the pitch. Fingers crossed we get to see more from him sooner rather than later.

With an unknown injury now having hit Gardner (is it that bad???) and now with Green injured for a while, that red card for Bacuna is really starting to show how stupid and damaging it really was for the team... no?

I'm starting to really like this kid, and in the beginning I was skeptical as I saw nothing special.

It's a bit "slutty" of everyone to start comparing him to Grealish and slating Jack.

I would suggest they are different types of player.

Grealish is more of a number 10 Villa have been trying to make a winger.

Green is a proper winger.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

grealish will play to his best in the number 10 role in space with people running in front of him and past him

so green and adomah providing proper width and stretching the game, hourihane going past him, lansbury feeding it in to him and for me personally hogan in front of him

the problem being i cant remember who it was against but we set up very similar to that recently and he had probably his worst game of the season, plenty of the ball but some really sloppy play

I think he could be the best player to come out of the academy since Gareth Barry if he continues in this vein. He appears to have his feet on the ground and the right mentality. If he can keep that he will go very far!

I love his play, he's quick, tricky, can take on a player, works very hard to get back and defend and he very rarely wastes possession. He clearly is switched on and bright. Keep it up Andre! 

• Like 1

Didn't see the game, but really pleased to hear he played well.  That effort as well! :wub:  Such a shame.

I often take note of how my old man (Newport fan, but knows his football.  Odd, eh?) rates footballers.  Andre Green came on as a sub against someone when we were playing on telly - I forget who, might have been Spurs in the cup - and my Dad said "he looks like he'll be some player".  Hopefully these are the first signs...

Â