André Green

sir_gary_cahill

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Meh. It's part of being a professional. Sometimes you might get asked to play out of your normal position. 

true but I think its poor management to force a young lad into that sort of situation with about 10 games under his belt

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Meh. It's part of being a professional. Sometimes you might get asked to play out of your normal position. 

He's an 18 year old young man who is trying to make his way in the game, he has so much talent. He should be given as little defensive responsibility as possible 

The bottom line is, he brought him on as an attacking full back when we were searching for a winner (and I respect Bruce's desire to make attacking substitutions at home and chase all 3 points, it's one of the things I like about him as a manager), we then conceded and the formation changed. It's unfortunate, it's not an experiment anyone will be desperate to repeat, but I don't think it's the biggest of deals. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The bottom line is, he brought him on as an attacking full back when we were searching for a winner (and I respect Bruce's desire to make attacking substitutions at home and chase all 3 points, it's one of the things I like about him as a manager), we then conceded and the formation changed. It's unfortunate, it's not an experiment anyone will be desperate to repeat, but I don't think it's the biggest of deals. 

It's a shame that his tactics's aren't particularly positive. 

RE Green, yep utterly farcical stuff playing him where he did. Square pegs into round holes,. 

He runs up too many blind alleys for me....runs well when the FB backs off but plenty of times Christie got his foot in and won the ball.

I do like his back post runs though...reminds me of Albrighton who was good at that and nicked a few goals.

From what I've seen I would class him as promising youngster rather than potential wonderkid.

He will be good. You can see he has talent and his attitude is spot on.. needs experience and confidence that he can do it at this level. Got all the ingredients.. just needs a good recipe. 

• Like 1

Â