André Green

sir_gary_cahill

53 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Good performance, adds so much shape to the side.

Think 'shape' is the key word here. We looked good in the first half with green and adomah giving us width. I actually thought that half the team looked more balanced than at any point during the season. 

Shame it all went to shit really. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, striker said:

To me this is the way forward introducing players from the youth setup who haven't been corrupted by past seasons at Villa.

100% this. Only real way forward, as we seem to manage to buy at least one rotten apple every window.

Fair play to him I thought he did really well. Always showed for the ball and was very direct. His crossing let him down a little at times. He worked hard though for the whole 95 minutes and I also think unlike Ayew, Grealish and Bacuna who have all been tried at wide left he looked comfortable out there and is clearly a natural wide man.

I think overall today suggested there is enough raw talent to work with.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I also think unlike Ayew, Grealish and Bacuna who have all been tried at wide left he looked comfortable out there and is clearly a natural wide man.

I couldn't make it today Mark. On today's performance do you think he is now first choice for the wide left role?

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I couldn't make it today Mark. On today's performance do you think he is now first choice for the wide left role?

I would say he looks the most natural out there and based on today he certainly deserves to start the next game assuming we don't bring in another wide player. In the current squad then for now it is his place to lose.

Thanks for the replies sidcow, Mark. I'm a big believer in picking players to suit a team/system rather than picking a system to suit the players. He may not yet be a better player than those mentioned, but by he sound of it he give the team more balance. 

Â