André Green

sir_gary_cahill

17 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Bruce gave him lots of praise in the pre match interview today, said he has as good a chance of being involved from the beginning as the other regulars 

Yes very complimentary off the boy. Said if he doesn't start, he will definitely be involved.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Based on what exactly?

Why do we always do this with youth players...

He's a great talent rodders0223, I've seen him many times for the U18s and the u23s. I thought he looked great for our first team in the Premier League last season at the age of just 17 years old, he's 18 years old now. I agree thaf we shouldn't go overboard with young players, I know this sounds rich coming from me but the manager obviously rates him too

• Like 2

I like this kid and despite the fact he is WIP.

I would stick with him and give him more first team ops.

i would say he has a good chance of being a good 'un.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Almost man of the match for me today. Surely cements his place? 

If we had a wonder kid on the pitch today it was him. 

I didn't see todays game, but given his little cameo last week and Bruces comments since then, if he played as well as everyone said today i think the place is now probably his to lose. 

Encouraging. 

Just now, av1 said:

I didn't see todays game, but given his little cameo last week and Bruces comments since then, if he played as well as everyone said today i think the place is now probably his to lose. 

Encouraging. 

I'd be very surprised to see him being dropped after that performance. It's good that he's recently signed a new 3 year contract too

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'd be very surprised to see him being dropped after that performance. It's good that he's recently signed a new 3 year contract too

I'll be honest I'd only seen Green twice before (i don't really watch the youth teams), the first time was some playoff against Arsenal, and can't really remember the other time. To be fair. On both occasions he looked pretty crap if I'm being honest. Well maybe crap is harsh, but he certainly didn't stand out as someome i thought would definitely make it. 

But, he seems to have acquitted himself very well so hopefully my first impressions were wrong. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I'll be honest I'd only seen Green twice before (i don't really watch the youth teams), the first time was some playoff against Arsenal, and can't really remember the other time. To be fair. On both occasions he looked pretty crap if I'm being honest. Well maybe crap is harsh, but he certainly didn't stand out as someome i thought would definitely make it. 

But, he seems to have acquitted himself very well so hopefully my first impressions were wrong. 

I've seen him many times for the u23s and U18s and I'd say he is very talented indeed. He has great balance and poise, I'd say he is a natural winger, he's got a great future I think. I've also met his Mother a few times and she was very nice and welcoming 

Â