André Green

sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

I thought he did ok, nothing more. His crosses weren't great but he's young so will improve.

His ability to take on defenders and make room for himself consistently was very impressive. Normally that is the difficult thing to teach players. Crossing can be improved more easily then finding space. 

I like Green. He gets the ball, and drives forward. We need a couple players in the box and Green will start getting some assists. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

His ability to take on defenders and make room for himself consistently was very impressive. Normally that is the difficult thing to teach players. Crossing can be improved more easily then finding space. 

I like Green. He gets the ball, and drives forward. We need a couple players in the box and Green will start getting some assists. 

Yeah he's showing a lot of promise and trying hard to cement his place in the side - excellent attitude to see. 

• Like 2

He has developed physically a good bit in the last year too which is good to see. If he could add a bit more explosiveness to his game he could have potential to reach maybe a Zaha level winger. He should play most games for the rest of the season with Thor/Grealish being used as a squad rotation options.

Bruce will surely have to start playing 2 up top with Hogan signing, that should benefit the wide players.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KSV said:

I thought he was fantastic in a very poor side. Didnt get much ball from our 'midfield' but when he did.. he ran at the defenders and usually beat his man

Wouldn't go as far as fantastic - he was our best player but it would have been great for his confidence had he put that early header away - he's had 2 early headed chances in the last 2 games and not put them away - but he's getting in those positions and possesses a decent cross on him .

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Wouldn't go as far as fantastic - he was our best player but it would have been great for his confidence had he put that early header away - he's had 2 early headed chances in the last 2 games and not put them away - but he's getting in those positions and possesses a decent cross on him .

Considering how inexperienced and young he is.. and how shit the rest of the team.. I was very impressed with him. Clearly has ability. Looks bigger than I remember.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Been pretty ineffectual in all appearances to date, including missing two decent chances, no where near Grealish's level ability wise and yet Jack gets ripped to pieces at every opportunity by many fans, might be off topic but at least Grealish has influenced 7/8 games positively in his appearances so far.

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Chucking on a young winger to get something out of the game and then putting him at LB. I thought he looked scared to death.

Meh. It's part of being a professional. Sometimes you might get asked to play out of your normal position. 

Â