André Green

sir_gary_cahill

On 11/5/2016 at 21:13, mikeyp102 said:

I think players can only go on loan during transfer windows now

Indeed. Same goes for people saying "get rid of (insert name here, usually Ashley Westwood)". It's November. 

Plus it's a long old season, plenty of injuries and suspensions ahead. Who amongst us know where he is in the pecking order? No-one, I would imagine. 

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, sne said:

What happened to this guy?

He looked rather promising in his cameos at the start of the season.

And then like that,

Bildresultat för keyser söze poof and he's gone animated gif

he's gone...

Just be patient, I thought he looked great in his brief appearances in the first team last season in the Premier League and to be honest, it didn't surprise me. The club have given him a new 3 year contract recently, so they obviously rate him. He played for our 23s at the age of 15 years old and the U18s at 14 years and our first team at 17 years old, he's very special

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just be patient, I thought he looked great in his brief appearances in the first team last season in the Premier League and to be honest, it didn't surprise me. The club have given him a new 3 year contract recently, so they obviously rate him. He played for our 23s at the age of 15 years old and the U18s at 14 years and our first team at 17 years old, he's very special

Whilst you should not judge a young player from a few appearences and nor am I...but he looked far from great. He looked out of his depth and lost, quite frankly.

He needs a loan move as he didn't look like making any impact in the few games he featured in.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Whilst you should not judge a young player from a few appearences and nor am I...but he looked far from great. He looked out of his depth and lost, quite frankly.

He needs a loan move as he didn't look like making any impact in the few games he featured in.

I thought his movement and his brain looked Premier League quality.  If the club didn't think he was good enough, why would they give him a new 3 year contract?

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought his movement and his brain looked Premier League quality.  If the club didn't think he was good enough, why would they give him a new 3 year contract?

I am not saying he won't be, just that he looked far from ready. I am guessing that is why he has dropped out of the picture for now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Looked quality as I'd expect from him, such great ability on the ball, hard to believe that he's only 18 years old, he's good at the defensive side of the game for a winger too, great future

Calm down mate, you say it about every player under the age of 23.

• Like 2

Impressed with him - his footballing brain seems to be ahead of the others. Quite a few times in the games I've seen him he was screaming for the ball to be played into the left hand channel behind the defence for him to run onto. But us being us it went backwards/sideways/into our own net

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Green did more than adomah and grealish combined

Probably a bit harsh on Adomah as he was very well marked yesterday but I agree with the overall sentiment. He needs to be given a start as he looks like the real deal.

• Like 1

Â