Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Language changes

don't be so cringe mooney

Don't get me started again on "one of the most unique..." or the mispronunciation of "the" before a vowel. 

Getting emails asking to review products I’ve recently purchased.

I always opt out of marketing emails but these ones always seem to slip through.

It’s very unlikely that I’m going to write a review on 19th December for make up bought as a Christmas present for my wife when it’s still hasn’t been delivered yet. 

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I always opt out of marketing emails but these ones always seem to slip through.

It’s very unlikely that I’m going to write a review on 19th December for make up bought as a Christmas present for my wife when it’s still hasn’t been delivered yet. 

Unrealistic to review it now too. You don't know yet if it makes her look like Krusty the clown or not.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

By definition, these are not marketing emails. You are now a customer ad these are customer relationship emails. They have consent to send these by way of contract.

[ channelling Bicks ]

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Why do women continue to ask you questions about something that you immediately tell them you know nothing about?

”what kind of cake is your mom getting jack?”

”no idea she just said she’d sort it”

”ok is she making it or buying it?”

”no idea”

”from like a cake shop or just a supermarket?”

”I really don’t know”

”is she spending a lot?”

”I honestly have no idea”

”will it have a picture on it?”

”seriously I have no **** clue! Why don’t you ask her?”

Its a woman thing, same when you tell her that you're going out with the lads for a beer next week, she asks more questions than I do

"what day you going? where you going? Who's going? What time you going? What time will you be home? Will you get battered?"

The conversation between 2 men goes "fancy a beer next week?" followed by "yeah sound mate"

• Like 4

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

English usage again. Misuse of 'cringe'. Again. Triggered by the Emi M thread, this time. 

Emi may make you cringe. His antics may be cringeworthy, or cringe-inducing. But he cannot be cringe. Nor can his behaviour. Nothing can. Cringe is neither a noun nor an adjective. It's a verb. Cringe is what you do, in response to something. 

Every time I see this misuse, it makes me... 

I don't like the way the kids use 'cringe' these days. but I'm afraid that it can be a noun.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

A Place In The Sun budgets.

A. How much have you got to spend?

A. We have 250 thousand with an additional 50 thousand wiggle room. 

… so 300 thousand then 🙄

And then they show them a 350 thousand home. 

Anyway, not sure which episode your watching. They've normally got 57k and want a 3 bedroom penthouse with pool and a Seaview..... And nothing poky mind! 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And then they show them a 350 thousand home. 

Anyway, not sure which episode your watching. They've normally got 57k and want a 3 bedroom penthouse with pool and a Seaview..... And nothing poky mind! 

It was one today, in Mojacar. I didn’t see how it ended tbh. 

I do like it when they cry because a house is so perfect then the next day rule it out. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Its a woman thing, same when you tell her that you're going out with the lads for a beer next week, she asks more questions than I do

"what day you going? where you going? Who's going? What time you going? What time will you be home? Will you get battered?"

The conversation between 2 men goes "fancy a beer next week?" followed by "yeah sound mate"

I thought this was just me. I swear I’ve sometimes just stayed in so I don’t have to answer the questions. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I don't like the way the kids use 'cringe' these days. but I'm afraid that it can be a noun.

Just about. "I could see a distinct cringe in his reaction". 

But as an adjective? "This show is just cringe" - no. 

On 18/12/2022 at 14:48, mjmooney said:

English usage again. Misuse of 'cringe'. Again. Triggered by the Emi M thread, this time. 

Emi may make you cringe. His antics may be cringeworthy, or cringe-inducing. But he cannot be cringe. Nor can his behaviour. Nothing can. Cringe is neither a noun nor an adjective. It's a verb. Cringe is what you do, in response to something. 

Every time I see this misuse, it makes me... 

It triggered me a little, as well, and I immediately thought of you and wondered if you'd be able to let it go.

• Thanks 1

Â