Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I wanted to go away again this week for a couple of nights, but i'm a bit wary about the weather :(

It’s perfect beer in a warm pub weather isn’t it? I’d be all over it if I were you.

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s perfect beer in a warm pub weather isn’t it? I’d be all over it if I were you.

It is perfect but the areas i'm looking at have had heavy snow and some of the country roads may be impassable.

May have to refine the areas I'm looking! 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

It is perfect but the areas i'm looking at have had heavy snow and some of the country roads may be impassable.

Roads are fine around here. It's been cold and any snow we had has gone.

In the words of Mark E Smith.... Hit the North!

• Like 1

Spotify Sleep Timer isn't working properly at the moment, so keep waking up in the middle of the night with a podcast blaring into my ear.

Just discovered it's a known problem https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Sleep-timer-not-working-with-podcasts/idi-p/5464107

Hey there,

We've received reports for the Sleep timer not working, i.e. the next podcast episode plays after the timer has expired.

This is being investigated.

If anyone else has run into this... god it's annoying. First world problems I know.

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Good job I didn't book anything

Car is borked today, engine management light on and running rougher than a badgers anus. 

As the kids say, FML. 

:( 

• Sad 2

On 10/12/2022 at 19:50, Xela said:

words removed driving with fog lights on when its clear out. rocket polishers. 

Also there's a good chance the same words removed drive with no front number plate, sometimes having it placed on the dashboard or not showing it at all. Absolute Spunktrumpets.

Realised last week that I had a day's holiday still to take this year so booked today off work. Was really looking forward to it and spending the day relaxing, eating junk and actually having full control of the TV for a change. 

Instead I've used my holiday day to look after my 5 year old as he's come down ill.

I've spent the day watching awful kids movies in between him exploding from both ends. 

Trying not to think about how we're going away this weekend and this bug will no doubt hit me any day now too. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

Good job I didn't book anything

Car is borked today, engine management light on and running rougher than a badgers anus. 

As the kids say, FML. 

:( 

But... BUT... YOU PUT SUPER PETROL IN IT!!!! 😫

haha nobhead. 😏

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Realised last week that I had a day's holiday still to take this year so booked today off work. Was really looking forward to it and spending the day relaxing, eating junk and actually having full control of the TV for a change. 

Instead I've used my holiday day to look after my 5 year old as he's come down ill.

I've spent the day watching awful kids movies in between him exploding from both ends. 

Trying not to think about how we're going away this weekend and this bug will no doubt hit me any day now too. 

You won't make the mistake of letting anyone else know you had a day off again!

I ordered a new fleece jacket online last night. Today I get an email informing me that my order has been partially packed for delivery. Thanks, I really needed that information. What does it even mean? 

26 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I ordered a new fleece jacket online last night. Today I get an email informing me that my order has been partially packed for delivery. Thanks, I really needed that information. What does it even mean? 

I’m getting odd emails regarding my deliveries lately.

I got one last week apologising that they were having distribution issues and a link to cancel the order, but which took me to a blank page. The parcel was delivered the next day.

I’ve had another one apologising for my parcel still not arriving and a phone number to call I can’t wait and would therefore like to re-order. I don’t understand what that means, why would I re-order it again? Just send the first one 

• Haha 1

Just now, Xela said:

Its SUPER **** now 😢

I just heard something on the radio (try not to be too shocked at the first part) and it said yesterday there were more breakdowns than ever (according to RAC or AA or both, I can’t remember). 

It was mainly to do with the cold weather. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’m getting odd emails regarding my deliveries lately.

I got one last week apologising that they were having distribution issues and a link to cancel the order, but which took me to a blank page. The parcel was delivered the next day.

I’ve had another one apologising for my parcel still not arriving and a phone number to call I can’t wait and would therefore like to re-order. I don’t understand what that means, why would I re-order it again? Just send the first one 

I'm getting a load of spam emails/text deliveries the last few days. words removed using Christmas to ramp up their scams.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just heard something on the radio (try not to be too shocked at the first part) and it said yesterday there were more breakdowns than ever (according to RAC or AA or both, I can’t remember). 

It was mainly to do with the cold weather. 

Yeah, I think its the spark plugs/ignition coils again. The cold weather will exacerbate the problem if they are older/weak. I had one plug and coil replaced 3 months ago. I'm 99% sure another has gone. Might just get the other 5 done now and be done with it! 

I'm hoping its that anyway! 

Edited by Xela

At least one of my glow plugs is on the way out. Same as last winter. It still starts but on a really cold morning it coughs a bit before it fires up.

I spoke to a garage about it earlier in the year when they changed a boost hose, the guy gave me the full “oh dear, they can be a nightmare on your car. Sometimes they snap as they come out and it’s a massive rebuild job”. So I decided to leave it for now :lol: 

Â