Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Bad news: if you're a man, you will probably get prostate cancer 

Good news: it's most likely that something else will kill you before you realise you have it 

1 in 8 men get prostate cancer - 12.5%. The median age bracket for prostate cancer is 70-75 years old. 

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Eating lots of tomatoes and blowing your load 5 time a week are the bets prevention methods.  Apparently.

Apparently it depends how old you are when you blow your load.

If you wank furiously through your teens and early adulthood that is actually associated with a *higher* risk of prostate cancer. But if you do it in middle / old age it lowers the risk.

I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to physically up my levels into old age without   committing to it full time

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Apparently it depends how old you are when you blow your load.

If you wank furiously through your teens and early adulthood that is actually associated with a *higher* risk of prostate cancer. But if you do it in middle / old age it lowers the risk.

I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to physically up my levels into old age without   committing to it full time

Certainly makes for a fun response to 'so are you enjoying retirement' ?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The overuse of psychological or sociological terminology to describe ordinary everyday behaviour.

Two people disagree about something = gaslighting

Somebody’s in a bad mood = depressed

Somebody’s legitimately nervous about something = suffering from anxiety 

Tidying up = displaying OCD

Snapping at someone = anger management problems, abusive behaviour

etc

All real things but massively overused nowadays because everyone’s a professional psychologist

Also because of the commerciality of mental health.

See no one for a few days = suffering loneliness. 

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

The overuse of psychological or sociological terminology to describe ordinary everyday behaviour.

Two people disagree about something = gaslighting

Somebody’s in a bad mood = depressed

Somebody’s legitimately nervous about something = suffering from anxiety 

Tidying up = displaying OCD

Snapping at someone = anger management problems, abusive behaviour

etc

All real things but massively overused nowadays because everyone’s a professional psychologist

This is all absolutely true. But paradoxically, so is the opposite. People with genuine depression get told to 'snap out of it and cheer up' (etc.) 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This is all absolutely true. But paradoxically, so is the opposite. People with genuine depression get told to 'snap out of it and cheer up' (etc.) 

Yes and similarly, the people who least want to talk about their mental health are often the ones who most need to, and vice versa.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Eating lots of tomatoes and blowing your load 5 time a week are the bets prevention methods.  Apparently.

As Bon Jovi sang "Woah, we're half way there"

• Haha 1

Â