Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Damn it's you, gotchya

I can't use my works corporate card to buy my poppers and nipple clamps. Not again. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I've had 3 people come out to look at my bathroom and provide a quote.

All 3 have came out , measured, will be in touch and just ghosted my ass. I even chased up the last one pathetically.

Like, why even **** bother coming out, and if ain't worth your time just **** say, you fat inbred word removed 

Wow, not just me, then. 

We've had the exact same scenario. First guy actually gave us a quote, which we agreed. Got as far as negotiating a time to do the job, and... he disappeared. Chased him up, but no reply. 

So we tried a second one. Came out, measured up, said he'd send us a quote, then... nothing. Again, didn't respond to reminders. 

Third guy didn't even respond to the initial enquiry. 

Getting very pissed off. 

Must think your not the type to pay over the top. Problem with tradesmen is that good ones are hard to find and usually have clients who take all their time with jobs and pay over the top, they tend to stick with them types rather than tight arses 😆

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tinker said:

Must think your not the type to pay over the top. Problem with tradesmen is that good ones are hard to find and usually have clients who take all their time with jobs and pay over the top, they tend to stick with them types rather than tight arses 😆

What do you mean 'pay over the top'? They give a quote. If we agree, and they do a satisfactory job, we pay it. 

If they don't want the job, they should just say so, and not piss people about. It's very bad customer relations. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Wow, not just me, then. 

We've had the exact same scenario. First guy actually gave us a quote, which we agreed. Got as far as negotiating a time to do the job, and... he disappeared. Chased him up, but no reply. 

So we tried a second one. Came out, measured up, said he'd send us a quote, then... nothing. Again, didn't respond to reminders. 

Third guy didn't even respond to the initial enquiry. 

Getting very pissed off. 

I've got loads of mates who are tradesmen , they all say about how much work they have on , yet it never seems to impact with Friday's golf day and being in the pub at 15:00 every other day of the week 

that said , they do bounce other clients for me  , so I don't have quite the frustration ...   one of them even delayed his Tee off time on a Friday for me once 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In hindsight maybe they'd have come back if I put trousers on

"If they can't accept you at your worst, then they don't deserve you at your best"

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I've got loads of mates who are tradesmen , they all say about how much work they have on , yet it never seems to impact with Friday's golf day and being in the pub at 15:00 every other day of the week 

that said , they do bounce other clients for me  , so I don't have quite the frustration ...   one of them even delayed his Tee off time on a Friday for me once 

The rates they're charging over the last few years, I'm not surprised they can go part time.

It's hard to fault someone for turning down extra cash to have a better work life balance, bloody annoying when you need one though

4 hours ago, Genie said:

This sort of salary is obscene for even a well run high performing business.

She’s earning over £60,000 per weekly 1,100 sewerage spills.

link

If I'm honest. I've less of a problem with high powered execs of large companies (that ARE performing) earning that kind of money then people earn just because they can kick a football. 

They're in charge of huge amounts of money people pensions and investments are tied up in. Thousands of people rely on them for their continued employment. They've got responsibilities that I wouldn't dream of accepting e.g. Can lose their homes and face prison if they **** up badly enough. 

Yet she's earning similar to a middling footballer. 

But yeah, if they're not performing they shouldn't be rewarded so handsomely. 

And the question is what IS performing. I suspect their shareholders will define that very differently to what customers or the general public would. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Yeah. I know a good builder/plumber duo but they are always working for big companies and The National Trust and they'll always go to do their jobs first. They'll just fit in individual jobs when they can, which is usually not often. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah. I know a good builder/plumber duo but they are always working for big companies and The National Trust and they'll always go to do their jobs first. They'll just fit in individual jobs when they can, which is usually not often. 

Bush bash bosh, voila, a new Tudor mansion

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If I'm honest. I've less of a problem with high powered execs of large companies (that ARE performing) earning that kind of money then people earn just because they can kick a football. 

They're in charge of huge amounts of money people pensions and investments are tied up in. Thousands of people rely on them for their continued employment. They've got responsibilities that I wouldn't dream of accepting e.g. Can lose their homes and face prison if they **** up badly enough. 

And the question is what IS performing. I suspect their shareholders will define that very differently to what customers or the general public would. 

She pocketed £3.2 million in one year whilst shit spills in to rivers on her watch have increased dramatically, and she is currently convincing OFWAT that they need to put their prices up for years in to the future. You have to admire that in a twisted kind of way. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm searching for the 'couldn't disagree more' emoticon....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The rates they're charging over the last few years, I'm not surprised they can go part time.

It's hard to fault someone for turning down extra cash to have a better work life balance, bloody annoying when you need one though

I'm a commercial manager so I have to pay these guys, it's a massive peeve of mine and a failure of schools in the UK, my high school rammed uni down your throat, not once did they ever even think to mention what a brick layer can make while the sun is shining 

There are some guys on my sites earning some proper dough, top to bottom

I'd say compared to the other industries I've worked in it's also the one that actually rewards ability and hard working, you get yourself on a rate, you work your bollocks off, you earn money

That said at management level there's some great money because it's an absolute word removed of a job, I'd love to know the divorce rates around construction management 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'd love to know the divorce rates around construction management 

I expect it’s very high across all trades. I know a few and they have all been divorced at least once. Often in these roles it’s working away from home which puts stress on relationships (especially when working away appears like a massive piss up and the wife is at home juggling the house and the kids).

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

You can’t really compare real jobs to sports people.

In her case, she has entire departments of experts who look after all of those things you mentioned. She isn’t doing it all by herself. It’s an obscene amount of money for 1 person, especially a company doing so much damage.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

She pocketed £3.2 million in one year whilst shit spills in to rivers on her watch have increased dramatically, and she is currently convincing OFWAT that they need to put their prices up for years in to the future. You have to admire that in a twisted kind of way. 

That’s literally what she gets paid for. She's not in position to make sure the rivers are unpolluted and the water is drinkable, those are PR issues. She's there to make money for the shareholders

Whilst the water companies remain private entities, that won't and can't change unless the regulation changes.

People keep blaming the companies, it isn’t chiefly the companies fault, they legally have fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders.

Let’s be clear what has caused this situation. It's the government and Brexit. Leaving the EU and the subsequent relaxing of regulation is almost entirely to blame here.

Every time obscene profits, ridiculous pay and all the other things are brought up, the focus goes straight to the water companies. They are just making as much money as possible for the shareholders, the law tells them to do that. The blame should be pointed directly at the people who caused this situation. The government. It is within their power to change things. They can toughen the regulations, they can make fines much higher, they can make certain positions at the top of the company personally responsible for the companies actions. Despite all the bad press, they choose not to.

Every water company is a monopoly, water companies provide a vital part of our national infrastructure, vital to business, vital to people, hell clean water is a basic human right. They should never have been nationalised in the first place. Over time by increasing regulation, increasing fines and making them responsible for their actions, the profits will fall. Force them to invest a % of profits into the future and providing yet more clean water. When that happens, the profit incentive will be reduced, the pension companies will slowly divest and eventually they¡ll all come back into public ownership where they should be

But it’s definitely my opinion that pointing the finger at the bogeymen of the water companies absolutely lets the government off the hook.

• Like 3

Â