Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 26/02/2020 at 20:05, rodders0223 said:

When your girlfriend buys fancy fooking bread that doesn't fit in the toaster.

Can't you get an artisan toaster to go with your artisan bread?

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Can't you get an artisan toaster to go with your artisan bread?

30a43099-79d3-49b6-b239-2523d883e33d.jpg

In all seriousness, that is how I used to toast bread at my granddads on an open coal fire and it was what we back then called bread, todays they'd call it artisan bread. We had no truck with toasters and that sliced modern fangled non bread. I used to sit there on my little stool and toast my own piece of doorstep toast then drown it in proper butter, none of that margarine shit (spreadable hadn't really come to market then).

We used to do an awful lot of our cooking on the fire or the oven at the side of it. My granddad didn't see the point of using electricity when coal was free (he was an ex-miner and they got free coal)

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Dept in this office that every Friday puts on one of those old painter and decorator radios.

It's 2020, get some headphones and stream on any number of devices readily available.

Send the PRS web site to someone high up in the company , they work out the license cost based on square footage of  the office and how many people ... a £600 outlay might make them switch to headphones only 

• Like 2

This is an actual, sincere email somebody sent me at work:

Hi Stefan, 

can you give me a ping, I need to understand what is going wrong with the requests that I send and your team ARE rejecting with gibberish explanations.

I really don’t have time to play 20 questions, so please make sure that the team – answer’s or reject ( if needed) in a language that are understood by someone that are not slavishly devoted to ServiceNow and its world. 

as of now - there is absolutely nothing about the applicability of this tool within <company>, that are simplifying my world and the tasks that I are expected to fulfil, so I will make it my mission to reuse - Cato the elder’s approach to things of no use. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is an actual, sincere email somebody sent me at work:

Assuming that's not someone senior, I'd be forwarding that to yours and his line manager and explaining how it's not acceptable.

If it is someone senior I'd be forwarding it straight to HR

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Assuming that's not someone senior, I'd be forwarding that to yours and his line manager and explaining how it's not acceptable.

If it is someone senior I'd be forwarding it straight to HR

I have a pretty thick skin for this shit now tbh. Maybe when I first joined this team I would have kicked off but I always get people pinging me and whinging about processes (mostly when it's their fault)

But you're right about engaging my LM, maybe because of my being desensitised, I wouldn't have thought about doing it.

IT support teams are easy targets generally in any company and we're no exception.

Â