Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

59 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Stupid question I guess, but how did you figure that out? 

My gross pay multiplied by 12 is less than the figure I agreed to in the offer letter.

But I might have got to the bottom of it. A salary sacrifice I thought I'd opted out of, I hadn't. Not great, not terrible.

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

My gross pay multiplied by 12 is less than the figure I agreed to in the offer letter.

But I might have got to the bottom of it. A salary sacrifice I thought I'd opted out of, I hadn't. Not great, not terrible.

And you're sure it's not a deduction of holiday pay? If you got that in England. We got so many weird arrangements in Norway I've lost track on what's normal for other countries. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And you're sure it's not a deduction of holiday pay? If you got that in England. We got so many weird arrangements in Norway I've lost track on what's normal for other countries. 

Holiday pay here is you getting paid when you aren't in work

On the train to that there London. The shitty cheap takes seven million years to London train has been cancelled so the train is packed to the gills.

I don't mind that so much but the decision to remove the seat reservations as a result of this is what is pissing me off.

There are people in my seat who actually paid to be treated like cattle

”You can sit in your allocated seat after Crewe Sir”

”Are you giving me a 50% refund on the ticket?”

Grrrrr!

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Ah come on, the joy of watching five or six ukers playing(?) Pretty Vacant in unison cannot be overestimated

Well, a good friend of mine had The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain's version of "Anarchy in the UK" at his funeral, so I guess I have to make the odd exception. And there is THIS guy (Bickster warning: contains Beatles music): 

People who have their mobiles on loud in the office. 
Had an "all hands" meeting this morning where the whole department is involved, A guy's phone kept going off. He'd cancel the call, and the n2 minutes later it would go off. Happened 3 times. Just put it on silent! It's an iPhone, it takes like half a second to flick the switch to make it silent.

My phone hasn't been off silent for about 4 years

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

People who have their mobiles on loud in the office. 
Had an "all hands" meeting this morning where the whole department is involved, A guy's phone kept going off. He'd cancel the call, and the n2 minutes later it would go off. Happened 3 times. Just put it on silent! It's an iPhone, it takes like half a second to flick the switch to make it silent.

My phone hasn't been off silent for about 4 years

But having your phone on silent doesn't make you look important. I'm so happy to not have to deal with people 'managing upwards' anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

But having your phone on silent doesn't make you look important

Who said that it did?

I generally have my work and personal phones on silent too. I have them in front of me on the desk so I can see them when they ring, or feel them vibrate in my pocket if I'm walking.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Who said that it did?

I generally have my work and personal phones on silent too. I have them in front of me on the desk so I can see them when they ring, or feel them vibrate in my pocket if I'm walking.

I don't think he meant it like that. 

• Like 2

Â