Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I have a pretty thick skin for this shit now tbh. Maybe when I first joined this team I would have kicked off but I always get people pinging me and whinging about processes (mostly when it's their fault)

But you're right about engaging my LM, maybe because of my being desensitised, I wouldn't have thought about doing it.

IT support teams are easy targets generally in any company and we're no exception.

Pushing back on a process or asking why stuff isn't working is fair enough. But there's no excuse for wording it like that.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Pushing back on a process or asking why stuff isn't working is fair enough. But there's no excuse for wording it like that.

He’s just a cock. Simple as that. Every work place has them.  Unless he was senior and actually had some power I’d just ignore it.  Just keep it in your back pocket if ever need it one day. 

45 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not sure why it pisses me off, but people who get in their car, start driving and then put their seatbelt on.

You think that’s bad when I’m on my own I pull the passenger seat belt over to stop the warning noises. Very irresponsible I know but I feel so much more relaxed and comfortable driving without the belt on.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You think that’s bad when I’m on my own I pull the passenger seat belt over to stop the warning noises. Very irresponsible I know but I feel so much more relaxed and comfortable driving without the belt on.

Your call, but just in case you should ever have what would otherwise be a relatively minor accident (and I hope you don't), it was nice knowing you...

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Non taken and I agree it is. I feel my driving is significantly approved though and that’s safer for people on the road right?  

Old adage that the best safety precaution for driving would be a massive metal spike on the steering wheel.

A seatbeat isn't just for your personal safety and the quality of your driving.

Wear one.

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Old adage that the best safety precaution for driving would be a massive metal spike on the steering wheel.

A seatbeat isn't just for your personal safety and the quality of your driving.

Wear one.

Don’t get me wrong. I only do this very rarely or for short drives. This was like a confession. It’s not something I think is cool or am proud of. I know it’s dumb.

I do generally try and avoid driving as much as I can though to be honest. 

But I will start always wearing a seatbelt. it’s the law end of the day. 

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t get me wrong. I only do this very rarely or for short drives. This was like a confession. It’s not something I think is cool or am proud of. I know it’s dumb.

I do generally try and avoid driving as much as I can though to be honest. 

But I will start always wearing a seatbelt. it’s the law end of the day. 

Well it's good that you know how stupid it is. 

I can't for the life of me think of any reason how not wearing one makes you drive better though.  

It won't be you that suffers in a crash of 25mph  (for very long anyway), it'll be the people putting you in the ground - all for not wearing one :lol: 

People are stupid. 

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Non taken and I agree it is. I feel my driving is significantly approved though and that’s safer for people on the road right?  

No.

I literally can't comprehend why you wouldn't wear one.

Still to so with driving, a bit of a pet hate of mine.

We go on about saving the planet, protecting the environment, taxing heavy industries, getting McDonalds to offer shitty useless paper straws.

BUT.

I guarantee that if people pulled their head out of their asses and actually started to drive smart we would decrease the carbon footprint caused by road traffic by a considerable margin.

Learn to use your gears to slow down. Keep the distance so you don't have to break. Don't accelerate when you see there is a red light 200 yards ahead. 

Get everyone in the country to get 5mpg more out of their car and we can REALLY contribute to the health of our environment.

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Well it's good that you know how stupid it is. 

I can't for the life of me think of any reason how not wearing one makes you drive better though.  

It won't be you that suffers in a crash of 25mph  (for very long anyway), it'll be the people putting you in the ground - all for not wearing one :lol: 

People are stupid. 

Can’t argue with that. Stupid and selfish mate.

A true story which is in no way intended to advocate not using a seatbelt, but offered merely as a curiosity anecdote.  A mate of mine's life was saved because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt once.  They were hooring down a backroad as reckless yoof are wont to do, when they misjudged a turn and the car ended up upside down in a ditch.  Had he not been thrown out the opened door, he'd have been crushed by the collapsed roof.  Ah the fickle hand of fate.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

A true story which is in no way intended to advocate not using a seatbelt, but offered merely as a curiosity anecdote.  A mate of mine's life was saved because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt once.  They were hooring down a backroad as reckless yoof are wont to do, when they misjudged a turn and the car ended up upside down in a ditch.  Had he not been thrown out the opened door, he'd have been crushed by the collapsed roof.  Ah the fickle hand of fate.

I knew it!  That’s why I don’t wear one sometimes. I’m a strong believer in fate and those rare times i don’t belt up it’s because my higher self is telling me not to! 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why are you exempt out of interest?

Taxi driver innit

I assume for safety reasons if a punter decides to attack

• Like 1

Â