Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

22 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

people breaking on the motorway for no apparent reason.

At least you were instantly aware that the car had slowed. it's a much shorter reaction time reacting to a brake light than it is reacting to your perception of someone else's speed relative to your own

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I'd say not displaying brake lights to vehicles behind is a larger danger. yes any accident is their fault but that doesn't prevent the accident in the first place

I would say you should only rely on engine braking (sans brake pedal) when it's safe to do so.

I'm more a brake pedal man anyway.  Brake pads are cheaper than clutches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I would say you should only rely on engine braking (sans brake pedal) when it's safe to do so.

I'm more a brake pedal man anyway.  Brake pads are cheaper than clutches.

I drive an automatic because my car has two clutches and I don't have 3 feet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, choffer said:

People who pronounce the word tissue with a double-s instead of a sh. 

It’s tishoo, not tiss-ee-yew.

Also find it annoying when people say toothpaste in a way the vowel sounds rhymes with woof.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I find the opposite annoying, far too Hyacinth Bucket

I only elongated the vowels in the first place to fit in with fellow Villa fans.

Do you rhyme tooth with woof when saying it on its’ own too?

I accept garaaage (over garridge) makes you sound a rocket polisher but Bath, grass etc I say in a way you might find objectionable too.

4 hours ago, bickster said:

At least you were instantly aware that the car had slowed. it's a much shorter reaction time reacting to a brake light than it is reacting to your perception of someone else's speed relative to your own

Yes, but what if there is no apparent reason for it to slow down? No traffic ahead, just casually cruising and BOOM here come the brakes.

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Yes, but what if there is no apparent reason for it to slow down? No traffic ahead, just casually cruising and BOOM here come the brakes.

Your job as the driver behind is to react to that change of speed not to question why they slowed down

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Your job as the driver behind is to react to that change of speed not to question why they slowed down

That's not the point. That's like saying if someone starts throwing water balloons in the street it's your job to react and avoid them and not question why they are throwing them around

There is no reason to keep touching (I don't mean braking) the pedal for a split second on an open, traffic free motorway.

18 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I only elongated the vowels in the first place to fit in with fellow Villa fans.

I accept garaaage (over garridge) makes you sound a rocket polisher but Bath, grass etc I say in a way you might find objectionable too.

I will confess my pronunciation is very probably completely wrong as I tend to pronounce tooth the Welsh way and not a Brummie way (or most of the country)

47 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Also find it annoying when people say toothpaste in a way the vowel sounds rhymes with woof.

Tongue - tung or tong? 

19 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That's not the point. That's like saying if someone starts throwing water balloons in the street it's your job to react and avoid them and not question why they are throwing them around

There is no reason to keep touching (I don't mean braking) the pedal for a split second on an open, traffic free motorway.

could be a wiring fault, could be anything

41 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

yes

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Tongue - tung or tong? 

Funnily enough this came up almost exactly when you posted this when the person I sit next to said tong and I started to have the same conversation with her. Definitely tung.

Â