Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I started work on my birthday, where I work now.

So to break the ice with all my new chummers, I took in some Swiss roll and a pack of some sort of Mr Kipling stuff. The staff there were distinctly underwhelmed. Turns out it was office tradition to go big on your birthday and bring in cream cakes and cans of pop and all sorts of stuff.

Twenty years later, I’ve never since been in the office on my birthday.

The only reason I buy treats for the office when I’ve been away is to disguise the cost of stuff for my family I’ve bought on the office credit card.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Another ludicrous work ritual I refuse to participate in.

I go on holiday to forget the f***ers at work, if I buy them a gift, I'll be remembering them

You can get away with a simple virus these days as present instead of the sweets,  easy to carry and nobody is left out in the office.  Short to medium term,  you might be able to get your hands on a better office chair or car parking space.  It's  win, win win all the way.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 24/02/2020 at 13:39, villa4europe said:

Same in Germany, go out for the father in laws birthday he invites us, the 2 brothers and wives, kids all the family so 11 people, he gets the bill

Me getting 2 puddings was frowned upon 

Work is same as it was in the UK just take some cakes in or try and be different and take some Indian finger food in 

Fat bastard

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Fat bastard

in the land of bread meat and beer.....

seriously though its expensive here anyway but trying to eat healthy here is ridiculous, fruit and veg is way more expensive and very seasonal 

Edited by villa4europe

58 minutes ago, bickster said:

Celebrations are for life changing events, a turn in your fortunes.

Paradoxically,  A lot of people have life changing events or a turn in your fortunes at celebrations.  

EG.  Pull a future Mrs at a mates Wedding or Win in Vegas or get aids and get a face tattoo in vegas.  Both fit the bill either way.

• Like 1

I'm doing some overtime at home as it needs to be finished before I get in tomorrow otherwise I can't test my new dispatch algorithms for the Wirral

It's just its the boring laborious final stage which is just repetitive click click click. The samesequence exactly over 150 times.

Reminds me of detention in school and my mouse finger is begining to ache

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm doing some overtime at home as it needs to be finished before I get in tomorrow otherwise I can't test my new dispatch algorithms for the Wirral

It's just its the boring laborious final stage which is just repetitive click click click. The samesequence exactly over 150 times.

Reminds me of detention in school and my mouse finger is begining to ache

fingermouse.gif

• Haha 1

Â